Default putting an alternator bracket on an AMC 304. 

Old 02-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
lekraus
New Jeeper

i have been looking for over 6 months now and i have came up empty. i would just love to get a few pictures of alternator brackets that are already on a 304 or 360 or a 401. like a moron i didn't take any pictures of the bracket before i took it off the blown 304. now i can't complete the engine swap because of this bracket. help help help.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Stumble this Post!
Register as a Member and remove this add!

Vote for Jeep-CJ.com daily!
Vote for Jeep-CJ.com

Default Re: putting an alternator bracket on an AMC 304. 

Old 02-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
JR74CJ5
Full Time Jeeper
Vehicle(s): 1974 CJ5 ~ 304 V8 (DUI distributor upgrade) NEW cam and distributor gear set by MSD - SM420 - Dana 20 TC - Dana 30 F Warn Prem. Lock-outs with Stage 8 locking hub bolts and 44 R - 4.27 Gear Ratio's - Running 33" BFG Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 Tires - Tilt / Power Steering - Hooker Super Competition Tuned Fenderwell Headers w/ Thrush "Super Hush" Mufflers and Stage 8 Locking Header Bolts - Warn M8000 Winch - Hydraulic Clutch Conversion - 3-1/2" OME YJ Lift Spring Conversion

I can take some pictures for you. Jeeps at home though, so I'll need to remember to get out and get them for you.

You can look on bulltear too... Here's a alternator relocation bracket that will bring it to top passenger side of engine instead if you'd like.

Bulltear-Online

Here's a few from a google search:

Basically you have one portion of the bracket along the top that is the "fixed mounting point. Then you have the longer curved bracket on the bottom that has a slot to allow for tention-ing the belt.

My jeep and engine compartment are all together, so the pictures may not be as good as a few of these here. You can also go to google, and select images. I typed in "AMC Jeep 304" and got a couple. You may be able to type in AMC 304 alternator bracket or something similar to get better pictures too.

Let me know if you have some more questions though.

~ JR

JR - EVC3

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Stumble this Post!