You did what?

You did what?

Grumpa

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'74 CJ5, 232ci, three speed, dana 20.
As suggested by shum8 in the "The PO did what?" thread, here is the "You did what?" thread.
What have you done to your CJ or other Jeep that the NO (Next Owner) will scratch their head over.
And keep in mind, pix are a good thing here.

I know this looks like a simple water pump replacement and your right it is.

However if u look closely the N.O. (there never will be) will ask WTF is up with the zip lock container screwed to the firewall.

Well I'll answer that. I ran all of my breather hoses from axles transfer case etc to it. Then I rtv the bottom hoses lid and all openings before drilling a few air holes in the top near the hood. I figured if water gets that high again I have bigger problems. (See avatar for the meaning of above statement about water)
0eac2e6646c3dd96c60da59b9d976f72.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Remember, it's not stupid if it works.

I have a tbi system installed in my CJ7, just about everything in the kit was plug and play and had clear directions....
Except the throttle cable! What I ended up doing was using a Chevy cable from a junk yard, a cable lock, and a few zip ties to the stock lever mechanism.
I thought it was very shade tree mechanic style and carry a spare cable and zip ties in my center console but it has not been a problem at all. Been in place for over 2 years and over 6k miles!
3c6d443f62d4b45fe12f766d8c0ad40f.jpg
ce2ff29c8f639823585b28b43ce3c82f.jpg

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

I've been thinking about this thread lately. While modifying or 'restoring' vehicles I've tended to stick pretty close to stock specs and used factory parts where I could (Chevy stuff back in my teens).

So I'm thinking about the stuff I'm doing to the Jeep and thinking about what a next owner would say about what I've done and I can't really find anything yet. The most 'beyond stock' thing i've done is add an MSD system. The intake and exhaust manifolds are from a few years later model but it's still OEM parts.

I think they'll just be happy with all the fixes and upgrades i've done. Guess I'm not very good at the really neat improv stuff.

...but if I ever get that ejection seat to work....

The NO will remove the diamond plates, and will immediately realize why they are there. He will put them right back on and start looking for body panels.

The NO will remove the diamond plates, and will immediately realize why they are there. He will put them right back on and start looking for body panels.

I bet if you use a few hundred rivets to put them back on he won't remove them :)

I have a tbi system installed in my CJ7, just about everything in the kit was plug and play and had clear directions....
Except the throttle cable! What I ended up doing was using a Chevy cable from a junk yard, a cable lock, and a few zip ties to the stock lever mechanism.

This reminded me of back in college when I was 3 hrs into a 7 hr trip. Full throttle trying to keep up with traffic on the NJ turnpike and suddenly the accelerator went limp and the jeep just idled. The piece of all thread in my weber throttle linkage had fallen out. Being a poor college kid and new CJ owner, I had neither duct tape nor zip ties for this dilemma. Fortunately I did have the shoelace from my tennis shoe. Although I had to walk funny with no laces in one shoe, that lace got me the rest of the way. I didn't wait two years to replace the lace though...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks