Armyvet25

Beach Runner
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 83 CJ7, 2012 JKU, 1995 YJ
Don't think I've seen this cobble mess before, particularly the leaf shackles

2022-12-07_081734.jpg
2022-12-07_081754.jpg

I dunno...that mower hitch pin lends itself to some trail tuning adjustment capability... :LOL:

I dunno...that mower hitch pin lends itself to some trail tuning adjustment capability... :LOL:
Quick disconnect leaf springs. BRILLIANT! 🤣

Im pretty sure those are part of a flat tow set up for an RV or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think I've seen this cobble mess before, particularly the leaf shackles
If it does not have a bumper attaching the tow bar there would be the correct position but would be hard to hook up.

my tow bar mounts are mounted on the bumper but just in front as the shackle.

wouldn't there be all kinds of binding due to the shackle direction, no way for the expansion of the leaf's when compressed???

Probably unless you built the hitch with about a 2" drop on the shackle end. Bigger problem would be putting the pins through the tow bar, shackle and leaf spring with out using a jack to keep everything lined up.

Probably unless you built the hitch with about a 2" drop on the shackle end. Bigger problem would be putting the pins through the tow bar, shackle and leaf spring with out using a jack to keep everything lined up.
actually, if you look closer at the picture, that's not the problem as the shackle has a separate bolt to the leaf, and the bracket appears to be welded to the frame, the shackle needs turned the other way.
So it probably was used for a tow bar, just the whole suspension was poorly thought out if any thought at all was given.
2022-12-09_140226.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom