Wiring up chevy 350

Wiring up chevy 350

bearsden

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
2002 ford f150 4wd,1989 chevy suburban 4wd,86 cj7 ,67 nissan patrol(sold)
Ok,so i have been looking at posts for the last couple weeks on wiring for chevy 350 conversion. I'm looking for a dwg of some sort to help me and although i've seen alot of them i'm slightly confused. the motor is now installed and it looks like i have the same alternator as what is on the 350. an SI I believe.It has the 2 prong clip and the "batt" connection. I did read where i believe i could use the stock wiring for alternator,starter and solenoid by putting a loop from the large post on the starter to the small post and i then could run everything like stock? then i just need to know what wires i use for the hei. The computer in the jeep has been removed along with the wiring, and the sbc is carberated if that helps. This has been a year and a half in the making and i am definately learning stuff on the fly and dont want to make mistakes. The original coil cap is still there,the solenoid is still hooked up as stock.I literally just took the wires off the "batt" post and diconected the clip on the alternator,unhooked the coil and oil pressure switch,and the battery cables and starter wire. Thanks in advance for the help again you guys!

Ok,so i have been looking at posts for the last couple weeks on wiring for chevy 350 conversion. I'm looking for a dwg of some sort to help me and although i've seen alot of them i'm slightly confused. the motor is now installed and it looks like i have the same alternator as what is on the 350. an SI I believe.It has the 2 prong clip and the "batt" connection. I did read where i believe i could use the stock wiring for alternator,starter and solenoid by putting a loop from the large post on the starter to the small post and i then could run everything like stock? then i just need to know what wires i use for the hei. The computer in the jeep has been removed along with the wiring, and the sbc is carberated if that helps. This has been a year and a half in the making and i am definately learning stuff on the fly and dont want to make mistakes. The original coil cap is still there,the solenoid is still hooked up as stock.I literally just took the wires off the "batt" post and diconected the clip on the alternator,unhooked the coil and oil pressure switch,and the battery cables and starter wire. Thanks in advance for the help again you guys!
Ok, let me re word this better,I'm sure i'm not explaining things right and i'm electrically challenged to say the least. I have a 12 si starter on the 4.2l that i took out.I have a 10si on the sbc chevy that i installed in the cj last weekend. I believe i can hook everything up like it was except the gm starter. I think i read in a post somewhere i have to do something there and that is one of my questions. I will probably end up switching the 10si for the 12si on sbc 350 as well being as thats a direct swap. my 2nd question is i have red wire and green wire coming out of hei dist. What wire are you using to run to power the distributer? thanks.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks