Winter Sucks.......Version 2

fzsk4p

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
Ground up YJ.

Looking to get a CJ
In anticipation of the big storm.

Calling for 12-15 inches here. Plus winds of 45 mph plus.

What`s your outlook/saga ??

Freezing rain, starting around 10 tonight and go all nite could be 1/2" or so. It's 29* out now.
Going to be a fun drive to work in the morning. If we have power.
I hope the're wrong and it snows.

We need more snow. Had snow forecasted for today but it was too warm. It fell as rain. More precipitation for tomorrow but it probably won't amount to much.
I hope we get hammered. I want a storm that no one can get around in unless they have four wheel drive and 35 inch mudders.

We are waiting to see if they close the base again :) We have FEMA trucks sitting on base waiting to deliver gen-sets all over town if needed.
I have gas in the Durango, food in the fridge, and a Nat. Gas heater. I'm ready!

May not be able to ride tomorrow.

:D

We are waiting to see if they close the base again :) We have FEMA trucks sitting on base waiting to deliver gen-sets all over town if needed.
I have gas in the Durango, food in the fridge, and a Nat. Gas heater. I'm ready!

Right now Tinker says open but it's only 2300 hours and the storm hasn't moved in yet.

The J10 is gassed up and the propane is ready if I need it.

Ok, at 0540 since I couldn't sleep, I called in and the base may still be open but our offices (civilian contractor) are closed.

:( we are open, but have liberal leave rules in effect. Which means if you can show up, come on in. If not, see you tomorrow.
Unfortunately, I need to go in. But the daycare doesn't open till 0830, so we get a late start.

I called the Tinker base hotline. While the website doesn't say anything, the phone line says they've been closed since 2200 last night. I'm getting an interesting wind pattern of snow around the truck...

snow_2011.jpg

Last edited:
Just got back home. Tried to go in, the roads are too bad for the wife to drive herself, and my work area is shut down. :)
So its another day off for us.
Got about 3.5" so far, and its still falling. The temp had dropped from 18* at 0500 to 14* right now, 0900.

Thanks guys,
Your storm is sucking frigid arctic down from Canada.
-22*F.

"Blizzard Warning" From 7 pm till ............

Wonder if the coach will cancel soccer practice for the girls ?........Naw, doubt it.

Trucks full, generator full, gas can is full. If things get funky The Jeep is full also.

Thanks guys,
Your storm is sucking frigid arctic down from Canada.
-22*F.

One thing I figured out over a decade ago.

You don't HAVE to live so far north. It's nice and warm down here. Well, most of the time. :p

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks