Winch question? Is this worth it?

Winch question? Is this worth it?

Hitman1881

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1981 cj7, 304 ,4 speed,twin sticked d300, amc20 with solid axles, Dana 30 , 33-12.5 tires, PsC BFH Front bumper with 8500lb Ramsey wench.
I found a 8500lb Ramsey winch model is rep 8.5 on a local Facebook swap site. It is new but been laying around so is dusty but the cable has never been un wrapped, it comes with a brand new remote keychain kit also. I can pick up for $300 . Which I know is Cheeper than new. Just wondering if you guys would jump on it? I hadn't really planned on a winch right away but ..... What do you guys think of the Ramsey's and that particular model? Thanks

I've only ever used a Harbor Freight 12000 pound winch but what I've read about Ramsey has been good. And that price does seem good.

I've only ever used a Harbor Freight 12000 pound winch but what I've read about Ramsey has been good. And that price does seem good.

How do you like the HF 12000 pound winch?

I found a 8500lb Ramsey winch model is rep 8.5 on a local Facebook swap site. It is new but been laying around so is dusty but the cable has never been un wrapped, it comes with a brand new remote keychain kit also. I can pick up for $300 . Which I know is Cheeper than new. Just wondering if you guys would jump on it? I hadn't really planned on a winch right away but ..... What do you guys think of the Ramsey's and that particular model? Thanks

BUY :chug:

How do you like the HF 12000 pound winch?

It's fine. I've only used it a few times. That was the reason I went HF. I knew it would only get occasional use. Line pull speed is a little slow.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

on this like white on rice!! I see no way to go wrong on this. Less than 1/2 price for NOS? look close for damage but I would be all over this.:D

When you need a winch, you really need a winch!! A Ramsey for the price of a HF?? a no brainer.:D

I bought my Warn in 1979 and it is still going strong, Not sure the same will be said about the HF. Don't use it a lot but well worth a couple of off road wrecker bills.

Well I picked it up. It is new, a little dust from sitting on his shop shelf but the cable has never been un rolled. It has everything with it even the wireless remote kit to go with it. Not sure if I will put it on but for that kind of deal I figure I can always sell it and come out ok. I googled the winch cheapest I could find it was $499 plus the remote kit goes for $200:D

I had read one time, and don't know that it's true, that Warn and Ramsey were the only 2 winch manufacturers out there and other buy theirs and rebrand them, new paint, stickers, solenoid, wires, knobs and levers. But if you look at all the $300 winches that have popped up over the past 3 years, they do look awfully similar!!
Ramsey's been around for decades. You made a good call.

I had read one time, and don't know that it's true, that Warn and Ramsey were the only 2 winch manufacturers out there and other buy theirs and rebrand them, new paint, stickers, solenoid, wires, knobs and levers. But if you look at all the $300 winches that have popped up over the past 3 years, they do look awfully similar!!
Ramsey's been around for decades. You made a good call.

That might have been true years ago, but as you said, now China is in the mix with all the cheap ones that look alike.
IMO you can't beat Ramsey or Warn, you will pay more but they are worth the extra $$.

And you really only need one.:D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom