Wifes Surburban

2lostspace

Jeep-CJ.com Moderator
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
82 CJ-7
Engine 258
Transfer case dana 300
Well today I finally got off my but and fixed the drivers seat on her Burban. I don't drive the thing so I didn't worry about it but the other day I looked in it and the back of the seat was laying almost flat. She had been telling me about it for a month now and Izz told me on Friday that he had to hold the seat back up while the wife drove.

So I got up at 6:00 this morning and got the seat pulled out, WOW was it bad, I don't know how she was able to drive the thing. I took the seat apart and found that the seat base frame was completely destroyed on the right side. Not just cracked and broken but shattered I found little pieces of metal under the seat when I pulled and once the seat was dissembled I didn't know were to start.

So off to work, MR OX had my welder at his house and I know that he wouldn't be up that early. I started out straiting out the good metal that was left to the base and tacked the base together as best I could. Than the fun started I built up the areas were all the metal was shattered with some scrap around the shop. That took about 2 hours of my life but it is all better now.

Returned home and Put the seat back together (had to take the seat apart again power seat and got wire caught between the seat and the frame).:bang: I got the seat in the Burban and pushed on the back to see if it would brake, all is right with the world :banana:. She tested it out this afternoon and told me she has to learn how to drive it again with the seat fixed. On a side note she might have a hard time driving it, I shoved all the garbage that I found under the seat and back behind it up at the petals. She asked why I didn't clean it out? My reply It is your rig I have 2 others that I have to keep clean. I can only do so much.:)

I was done by 9:30am and had to wake her up to tell her I was done.

You know - if that seat fiasco had happened to a guy - the fat jokes would have been never ending!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom