Misc. What is your Jeep Worth?

Misc. What is your Jeep Worth?

CJ

Admin
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
I recorded the 2023 Mecum Kissimmee FL auction and saw these two Jeeps. I thought it was an interesting comparison between a 1978 CJ7 and a 2017 JK.
Short videos below.

1978 CJ7

2017 JK

If I thought the sale price would be what I have into my cj the men bringing coats with wrap around sleaves would appear. I have had offers up to 25K and that isn't enough. In terms of smiles per adventure " Empty Pockets" is priceless.

Ain't that the truth! :chug:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Doubtful mine would sell for what I've invested in it - not counting labor/time of course. I estimate I have about $40K in the Jeep and the matching trailer combined now. Perhaps it would fetch that waiting for the right buyer, perhaps not. I do see some CJs with similar stuff online in that range, but not many. Of course it's well worth that to me. Echoing NP435's "smiles per mile" makes it priceless.

I though this was interesting...

-Window sticker for a 1986 CJ7 Laredo (like what I have now).
$13k

-I think a 2023 JL goes for around $33k.

sticker0001.jpg

That’s not to bad. My buddy got a Larado in 84 loaded at around 15K. He was not from here, but had a good job. He thought America was great. He borrowed money for a down payment plus the loan money. He could do none of that where he came from. 2 weeks later I went and got my first loan for my Jeep. I had no credit. They wanted a co signer and I didn’t want to ask my brother. So I asked if 3K down would work and the next thing I knew I was driving a brand new Jeep also.

I though this was interesting...

-Window sticker for a 1986 CJ7 Laredo (like what I have now).
$13k

-I think a 2023 JL goes for around $33k.

View attachment 86103
Check out 1986 $13,000 adjusted dollars for 2023...

Value of $13,000 from 1986 to 2023
$13,000 in 1986 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $36,189.94 today, an increase of $23,189.94 over 37 years. The dollar had an average inflation rate of 2.81% per year between 1986 and today, producing a cumulative price increase of 178.38%.

Ha!
Somehow I knew Scott would do that calculation!

So, you could say $29k for that auctioned CJ7 is a good deal.

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks