Steering What is my best intermediate shaft option?

Steering What is my best intermediate shaft option?

NotTJ

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ7 258 T150 D20 D30 AMC20 33" Yoko MT
My 78 power steer intermediate shaft joints are loose. I see a nice Borgeson option but is that my best one? Anyone selling slightly cheaper but with U-joints?

I love my Borgeson shaft. Got the one with the vibration dampener built in. Their part # 000920 is for CJs with power steering and has the dampener. Of course Crown also makes one that is similar (has u-joints) and is part # RT21011 and costs less money; but not sure about the dampener option in the Crown unit. Take some measurements if you have a body lift to make sure the length will work. Also a great time to replace the lower steering column bearing kit if you haven't already (Omix # 18019.03 or Crown # 4487696K).

X2 on the same Borgeson shaft and I used the Wolff bearing which is good quality.

Thanks all! Yes the lower bearing is roached. Where do I buy Wolff bearing? Also I don't have a body lift but wouldn't be opposed to a small 1-1.25" one. Would that still have a stock intermediate shaft?

Just google Wolff Engineering. E91237A0-E97E-422A-8200-BDDE65147062.pngF3637683-C05A-46EB-81BD-C2FFCB174ABA.png

The Borgeson will still reach fine with a 1-1.5 inch body lift with no problem. It has a telescoping joint that allows for 2" or so of safe extension.

I also have the borgenson shaft, that came in very handy when i swapped to the Durango steering gear as it allowed me to easily swa the lower joint out for the correct one for the new gear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks