What do other jeeps do in the winter?

John Strenk

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
76, 77, 78, 79, 82, 84 CJ5
2008 JK
2004 KJ
I know a lot of you use the winter months for fixing , updating restoring your Jeep for next year. How about those other jeeps that work all winter.

Here is mine in the storm that never happened in Northern Ohio. All we got was a light dusting of about 2"-3" instead of feet.

YouTube - PlowingCJ5

I guess YT imbedding doesn't work huh. :)

Plowing2-8-2010A.JPG

My XJ gets me back and forth to work every day, a 70 mile round trip....all year long. But when the first snow hits usealy in october, the TSL's come off and the SXT mud terains go on and stay on till the snow leave in may.

:laugh:. I hear ya!! This is the last winter my Scrambler is gonna see.
Mine hibernate... they don't like salt... they have high blood pressure... ROFL

cb

my body looks like swiss cheese so i take it out on the weekend. just making the jeep lighter :D

It'll make it lighter when you do your tub swap. :D
my body looks like swiss cheese so i take it out on the weekend. just making the jeep lighter :D

Right now mine is warm and dry in the shop, patiently waiting for me to finish about three projects and a dozen maintenance items. :cool:
Here is one more item for the record books, on this, the 11th day of February in the year of our Lord Twenty ten. There is about six inches of very heavy wet snow on the ground in Dallas Texas. It started snowing about 4:00 am and is still snowing at about 7:00 pm with no let up for a while. This is more snow than we have had here in about 30 years. The roads are not too bad right now but as soon as the sun goes down I expect the carnage to begin.:biggun:May God help us and deliver us.

Bwahahahaha!!! No really I feel bad for you.! :laugh::laugh:
Right now mine is warm and dry in the shop, patiently waiting for me to finish about three projects and a dozen maintenance items. :cool:
Here is one more item for the record books, on this, the 11th day of February in the year of our Lord Twenty ten. There is about six inches of very heavy wet snow on the ground in Dallas Texas. It started snowing about 4:00 am and is still snowing at about 7:00 pm with no let up for a while. This is more snow than we have had here in about 30 years. The roads are not too bad right now but as soon as the sun goes down I expect the carnage to begin.:biggun:May God help us and deliver us.

My poor jeep is sitting in my garage surrounded by the carnage of sheetrocking and building my work shop. I need to get some maintenance done to it but the garage comes first right now.

Take it out to play

Bwahahahaha!!! No really I feel bad for you.! :laugh::laugh:

What he said. :) :)

This event provides two important benefits. First it brigs you of the northern regions a bit of comic relief at my expense, this you are welcome to and I am glad to provide it. Second it reinforces my appreciation of my very good fortune to not have to deal with this kind of weather for more than a couple of days every 30 or 40 years. :D
I took some pictures but it seems me and the gallery are not on good terms right at the moment so we shall see where that goes.:cool:

I graduate from Washington State last May and the winters in Pullman are pretty heavy. The University has a small army of TJs outfitted with plows to keep the sidewalks and quad clear. Pretty sweet. I wonder what they do in the summer....

I love it when it snows in the south, everyone panics and the news media goes crazy! They said that there is snow in all 50 states for the first time in history. Go get a jeep.......

It'll make it lighter when you do your tub swap. :D

maybe next tax season i can get a tub and fenders. then tear her down to make her pretty just to get her all dirty.

I love it when it snows in the south, everyone panics and the news media goes crazy! They said that there is snow in all 50 states for the first time in history. Go get a jeep.......

The local news is, of course, nothing but weather related. Weather is "easy news", you don't have to go looking for it and there are loads of photo opps.
All in all the entire thing went quite well here in Dallas and Fort Worth, I don't think there were any weather related fatalities and I think I heard the number of fender benders was actually less than the average summer day. Every body was smart enough to just stay home and build snowmen with the kids.
Our official total snow fall was 12.5 inches, from what I understand there was enough left in the system to drop snow as far as the Carolinas.
I guess we can blame it on global warming or "El Niño". one way or the other, this was more snow in 24 hours than has ever been recorded in Dallas.:chug:

maybe next tax season i can get a tub and fenders. then tear her down to make her pretty just to get her all dirty.

I guess since in montana 9 months out of the year is winter this might as well count, im going to look at a body tub hopefully sometime next week or that weekend and most likely gonna purchase it!

I was in Columbus Ohio last weekend and on one trip from the hotel to a school concert, I counted 13 people changing flat tires from the holes in the road that opened up on 270.

And people wonder why I put bigger tires on my Jeeps.......

p1010094.jpg
p1010094.jpg

Try to get stuck in the pasture! Those are 38.5 Boggers.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks