Ways to Keep Warm in Your RTT

Ways to Keep Warm in Your RTT

Randun

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
2000 4Runner and a 1969 Beetle
When I have camped in a RTT in the winter, the temperature drops down below freezing, and I tend to get a little cold at night.

How do you guys keep you and your family warm in your RTTs when you camp in the cold?

I've heard of 12v Blankets, Mr Buddy Heaters, Diesel Heaters, but I don't want to spend money on something that doesn't work.

Thank you for your time and your help!

I used to use a small propane heater.

Never done any RTT camping, but I have done winter tent camping. A 0 degree sleeping bag is a great start. If I end up doing much more, I will get one. I have an old military down bag I use along with a couple of blankets on top while sleeping on a Thermorest mattress on a cot. Pretty comfortable in upper 20s. The family does not like to camp like that. Winter camping is only with the guys.

Never done any RTT camping, but I have done winter tent camping. A 0 degree sleeping bag is a great start. If I end up doing much more, I will get one. I have an old military down bag I use along with a couple of blankets on top while sleeping on a Thermorest mattress on a cot. Pretty comfortable in upper 20s. The family does not like to camp like that. Winter camping is only with the guys.
Thank you so much for your time and your help! I really appreciate it.

I use a tent on the ground and in cold weather put an extra layer like a movers blanket below me to insulate from the ground, plus a thick canvas painters tarp from home depot over the tent but under the rain fly. That really helps cut the wind chill factor and insulate from the cold air.

You lost me at "Winter" 😂
Id really like to see how you handle camping in a tent around here in August ! Or June thru September either ! I do have a friend who hangs an ac window unit out the back of his tent. I don't think I would be camping in Pa in the winter either.

Any pros or cons of your set up?
Make sure you get a heater that shuts off if tipped over. Otherwise always worked for me. Also make sure there's fresh air .

Make sure you get a heater that shuts off if tipped over. Otherwise always worked for me. Also make sure there's fresh air .
I realize you are in a tent, but always wondered about the carbon monoxide.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks