WARR-WAGON/ tow rig (Many pics - dialup beware)

WARR-WAGON/ tow rig (Many pics - dialup beware)
Picked up my MSD coil today and ordered the "dealer only" oil filter adapter, the dealer can't even get the gasket for it anymore.

got what feels like quite a bit done today. found this little access door, there was one on each side. opened them up and cleaned out the dirt and stuff so they will drain water again. didnt see them till i was sitting eye level with it.

001-6.jpg

i got the new power steering pump pulley on, the new high pressure line, and the new pump on

003-10.jpg

it took a while to remember to how the pump mounted but i got it figured out. also had to modify the mounting brackets for the new alt. the 100 amp one is huge compared to stock.

004-13.jpg

clearance for new alt and new valve covers

006-4.jpg

had to bend the adjusting bracket

005-10.jpg

also had to bend the dipstick tube to clear the bottom of the new alt. used a brakeline tubing bender to bend the dipstick tube

009-2.jpg

also pulled the seat belts and the bench seat again so i can POR the floor boards and prep for the heater install

it kinda sucked being in the shop in 100+ degrees, dads truck said it was 110 sitting in the sun.

updates, uh i still have it and its still not done lol. ive been tinkering with it here and there, ive had a couple of medical situations in the family here recently. also some of us have been starting a 4x4 club for the area.

onto what you wanna see

a couple of teaser shots

IMG00169.jpg

IMG00171.jpg

heres the dash setup so far, i still have work to do on it and its just sitting in there but heres my start.

006-5.jpg

007-7.jpg

also started on some cheap hood vents, i placed them towards the rear and outside edges so if it gets rain in it, it will be at the back of the wheel wells.

heres the vent material

012-2.jpg

like i said cheap hood vents, both sides cost me about $5 got them from home depot

011-3.jpg

measured and marked

013-1.jpg

cutcut and cleaned. i left the supports in the hood

014-1.jpg

i need to get some differnt bolts to attach it and then paint it

015-1.jpg

i should have this side done tomorrow night, i need bolts and more cut off wheels so i can cut the other side.

today i got the other hole cut in the hood for the hood vents, got them put in most of the way, i need more hardware. apparently someone mixed a bunch of different thread pitch nuts in the bin at ace hardware so im short a few. the empty holes are waiting for more hardware.

001-7.jpg

002-9.jpg

003-11.jpg

then i had fun doing this by myself

005-12.jpg

if it wasnt for this truck being my tow rig when im done, i would just be building an "allpro style" bed and run it.

004-16.jpg

006-6.jpg

007-8.jpg

ive also been collecting parts for my CJ6 and picked up a 67 jeep gladiator with the AMC327 in it.

I think the hood vents are great! Novel idea! I also like the dash. Simple and functional... :)

You know i have never been a fan of Dodge Power Wagons, But yours changed my outlook on them, looks like the build is coming along great!

cleaned the frame up some with a wire wheel

001-8.jpg

002-10.jpg

threw some black spray paint down

003-12.jpg

004-17.jpg

for now i welded the holes up that were drilled in the WARN winch bumper and threw some spray paint on it also. the jack stand is there because i need the right bolts for it, i just put a couple smaller ones in to hold it. after its all up and running i am going to build a bumper for it.

005-13.jpg

i also trimmed the fenders and found some bondo in the driver side fender. heres a comaprison from the uncut driver side to the cut passenger one, i need to clean up the cuts these are just rough cut out with the plasma.

006-7.jpg
007-9.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom