WANTED: Thermostat Housing

WANTED: Thermostat Housing

jeepman1204

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'80 Jeep CJ-5
Does anybody know where I can find this thermostat housing? I have done a lot of research on this subject and found that the same engine model that is in my Jeep is also from a Buick, Chevy Truck, and Pontiac. This housing is very hard to find based on my knowledge and any help would be appreciated! Sorry for low quality photo...I have a 1980 CJ5

Is this a 4cyl Hurricane engine? I am not sure, but I think that is the only GM engine used in 1980, and the thermostat housing looks nothing like what you have. Jeep also used a 225CI Buick V6 that they branded "The Dauntless" but that was from 1965 thru 1971. But again, the housing on our 67 with a Dauntless looks nothing like yours. If you have any other GM engine, my guess is that it is probably a transplant. Sometimes, if you can find the engine block casting numbers and enter them into a Google search, it will take you right to what you are looking for.
Post what kind of engine you have, 4, 6, v6 etc. Someone here will probably be able to help you. A picture of the engine would be very helpful.

Just curious; What's the issue with the one in the picture you provided that makes it unusable (other than the obvious "custom" studs)?

I'm thinking it might help if we knew up your working on.

Pontiac 151 Iron Duke (Puke)

I am currently living out of town for university to I cannot take a picture of the engine now, but will do so very soon. In reply to hdgapeach; The engine was rebuilt about six years ago and when we went to reinstall the thermostat housing, it was overtightened, causing one of the bolt holes to break... It is a 4 cylinder, 2.5L engine. I believe it is the Iron Duke as mentioned above. Engine Block has GM 10012189

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks