Engine Valve Cover help!

Engine Valve Cover help!

Crookedkilt

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ5 2.5l
I am having a hell of a time finding a replacement valve cover for a 1980 CJ5 2.5L 4 cylinder. I can find a plastic replacement but I would really like to use a metal one. Anyone know where to get one?

The previous owner happily screwed the makeshift throttle linkage into the top of the existing cover!

Solution
Yea, Dorman offers a plastic one (part # 264-973) that actually has good reviews. Omix has a plastic one (part # 17401.01) with very low reviews. Interesting that the two look like the exact same unit (probably sourced from same manufacturer). Did find this aluminum one (Part number 53020536): Valve Cover

And here's a great article about swapping an aluminum valve cover from a newer 2.5L onto the older Jeep engine: Cover Swap Article

Hope that helps.
Most of the time I can find those hard to come by parts on Ebay. They are never easy on the pocketbook, but you can find what you need.

Yea, Dorman offers a plastic one (part # 264-973) that actually has good reviews. Omix has a plastic one (part # 17401.01) with very low reviews. Interesting that the two look like the exact same unit (probably sourced from same manufacturer). Did find this aluminum one (Part number 53020536): Valve Cover

And here's a great article about swapping an aluminum valve cover from a newer 2.5L onto the older Jeep engine: Cover Swap Article

Hope that helps.

Solution
Well I was going to say I had one laying around, a spare a friend gave me about 10 years ago, that you could have but I must have gotten rid of it a couple years ago when I swapped mine out for a 258. :wtf:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom