this thing is ugly

I thought they put those steps on the Islander not the Renengade. Oh well the best thing that can happen to a YJ is some CJ7 owner steels the body.

square headlights, go figure:rolleyes:

Tha body cladding was a huge mistake on Chryslers part and thank god they figured that out. First time I saw one was in Cape Cod and it was aweful then. I used to have a shirt back in the 90's that said "Real Jeeps have round headlights". It doesn't hold true nowadays but in my world real Jeeps begin with "C".

Tha body cladding was a huge mistake on Chryslers part and thank god they figured that out. First time I saw one was in Cape Cod and it was aweful then. I used to have a shirt back in the 90's that said "Real Jeeps have round headlights". It doesn't hold true nowadays but in my world real Jeeps begin with "C".
I cannot live with that c statement
the very first Jeep began with a M, the MB and that is the grandaddy of all Jeeps
not only that but the most capable jeep I ever had was the 04 TJ wrangler, It could wheel circles around any of my CJs. My wife ued to tell me it made things to easy. That rig rocked. Not only that but my wifes JK Unlimited is a very capable Jeep even if it is huge.
I like to joke about YJs but they actually were an improvement on the CJ7. Evolution moves on, we love our CJs for their ruggedness and good looks, but as tecnology omproves, so will the Jeep.

The question now is "can Fiat bring new and exciting technology to the jeep?"
I will be the second to admit that the Rubicon is an impressive machine. I think a lot of the tech was the result of competition with the land rover/Hummer technology. Of course no one ever uses the land rover/Hummer tech off road because they mite get dirty But the jeep has advanced.:cool:

the very first Jeep began with a M, the MB and that is the grandaddy of all Jeeps
not only that but the most capable jeep I ever had was the 04 TJ wrangler, It could wheel circles around any of my CJs. My wife ued to tell me it made things to easy. That rig rocked. Not only that but my wifes JK Unlimited is a very capable Jeep even if it is huge.
I like to joke about YJs but they actually were an improvement on the CJ7. Evolution moves on, we love our CJs for their ruggedness and good looks, but as tecnology omproves, so will the Jeep.

i like the tj i'm wanting a 03 or 04 rubicon but the yj was, is and always will be an abomination, just like that Renegade package you can cover a turd with toilet paper but theres still a turd under it. i saw a SWEET cj3 b today in mint condition, it looked brand new. it was an off white color. just sitting in the back of a pool supply store next to the owners huge boat, freightliner camper, and new harley. it probably never gets driven

Like I said, "in my world". I know that the newer Jeeps are superior in most every way and in reality CJ's were a pile of :dung: for the last few years. They are tough once you replace every part on it. I refer to the statement in how the CJ makes me feel. I have a connection with my 5 that no other newer Jeep will replace. It's like sportbikes. I spend alot of my time and money on trackdays where performance and light weight are king in that world. I had a very well built Honda that I ended up replacing because the bike had no soul. Was it fast and agile, hell yeah but I enjoyed riding my current bike much more even though it is a little slower. That is what I refer to when I say that about the C in CJ.
I know the MB was the grand daddy and I had one and it was awesome. You got me on that one to which I forgot when I wrote the post.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom