Tear drop camper

Tear drop camper

coldair

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 cj7 in the works,
1996 F350 crew cab with a 5.9 cummins
Been looking at small tent campers I can pull behind my jeep. I came across a old tear drop camper it's small light wieght and cheap. That got me thinking that would be pretty sweet my jeep wouldn't feel it as much as a tent trailer its sturdier com paired to a tent trailer. Who has one of these cool little campers? How do they pull? Or should I just keep looking for a tent trailer?

175575.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seriously though I think your on to something.

This may be more of what you had in mind http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2008/04/15/084294.1-lg.jpg

Last edited:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: nice!!

Its kinda freaky how you and I look at alot of the same things. I thought about a teardrop I saw on craigslist but decided it would look hideous behind a Jeep.

Try not to skip ahead but tent trailer options begin around page 3. Jeff lives in New York. Theres a good chance I will finally meet him in person this year. :notworthy:

The 2nd link is what I think will work better behind the '48. :)

Fiberglass Jeep-tub trailer kit

Yet Another Bolt-Together Fiberglass Trailer Kit Idea

Its kinda freaky how you and I look at alot of the same things. I thought about a teardrop I saw on craigslist but decided it would look hideous behind a Jeep.

Try not to skip ahead but tent trailer options begin around page 3. Jeff lives in New York. Theres a good chance I will finally meet him in person this year. :notworthy:

The 2nd link is what I think will work better behind the '48. :)

Fiberglass Jeep-tub trailer kit

Yet Another Bolt-Together Fiberglass Trailer Kit Idea

Great minds think alike:D I don't think it would look that bad. Maybe I'll google it see if I can find some pictures of a jeep with a tear drop.
Man Pete that guy is really talented at what he does. Wonder what his trade is :confused: my guess would be a wood worker.

Thanks CJ!!! I think they look pretty good behind a jeep. As for the one I'm looking at it's a barn find. The original owner built it halfway 45 years ago didn't even have an axle under it tell a little bit ago.

175575.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seems like the Keebler elf will open that door at any time.

Have you ever seen these things. This is an idea I always had in the back of my head. You know, those invention ideas you never pursue. Well one year I was at the Eastern Outdoors show down in Harrisburg and low and behold, there was my idea, but someone elses profit!!
http://www.jumpingjacktrailers.com/index.html

Last edited:
You got me thinking now. This looks like a great home build project. it looks like most are 5' wide x 8' or 10' long. I was thinking about making one with tip outs. You could make the front part expand out to say 8' wide.

You got me thinking now. This looks like a great home build project. it looks like most are 5' wide x 8' or 10' long. I was thinking about making one with tip outs. You could make the front part expand out to say 8' wide.

I like that some of those double as a boat trailer as well. Might not be a bad idea to incorporate into a build.

I also like the custom built one that is lifted.

I like that off road trailer that is used for other things. Very neat idea. They make campers like that out of M105 trailers too. Very big around here matter of fact...

I've been drawing up plans for a home made tear drop.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks