T15 transmission component question

hrowzie

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
78 cj7, AMC 304, T15, Dana 20, Dana 30, AMC 20
78 CJ7 w/304
T-15 trans
Getting ready to start the rebuild on the T-15. On the top cover plate near the front of the T-15 is 2 switch components. Im certain that on of them is the reverse switch. The passenger side switch has 2 flat prongs on the top of it. The drivers side has 1 nipple prong on the top of it. My question is which one is the reverse switch and what side of the trans should it be on. Also, what is the other component for?

Thanks

The one on the drivers side is called "transmission controlled spark switch".
It's part of the emission control system; google "transmission controlled spark" for more info.
Passenger side is the backup light switch.
And....your transmission should be T-150, not T-15, unless T-15 has been swapped in.

That’s what I though also but the ID number stamped on the side is a T-15. If it was swapped in it was before my time. My cj also doesn’t have have any emissions equipment on it. It hasn’t all been pulled off again before my time. If so, does that trans controlled spark switch need to be used?
Thanks for the help so far.

No, just ignore then it as it's plugging a hole.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks