Trans T 176 ?

That would be a “no” from me. Anxious to see if someone has a theory.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went through two on my T177 before I rebuilt it. I had to replace all the shift arms on mine. My theory is that the warn shift arms where allowing too much travel on the shifter.

Check out the 1st/2nd shift fork. The contact area on one side is completly gone! no problems with the shifter cap since the rebuild.View attachment 75187
I was thinking about the forks on mine but cannot find any info to check dimensions and verify wear. Yours was easy to determine mine still have both ends. (-:
I'll get a picture of mine on here and maybe someone can help.

Looking at this picture the front fork shows wear on the right and the rear not so much but have nothing to compare either to, The reverse fork I have no idea about any wear on it.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Jeep shifter cover 30Oct21 006.JPG

Seems like there were some plastic end pads at the top of the Y also that came with my rebuild kit. I had to get a new one also because mine was worn at the ends and also you can see here.image.jpeg

Novak

Still there. Those might have come with shift fork I bought later, not with kit. Couple years ago. Maybe call and talk to them also. image.jpeg

I thought you were talking about a complete kit including the forks.
I decided to order everything I could get to completely rebuild the entire top including the shift rod. Hopefully that will take care of business.

That kit from Novak your showing is crown and that is what I put in and bent so I found a NOS kit and that will go in with the rebuild. The nos kit is a bit heavier and I hope harder.

I'll let you know how things go.

Thanks

Don't think it was crown 2-3 years ago because i know the bearings were from Japan. Oldest bearing company in Japan.

Well I finally have all the parts to rebuild the trans top, all new shift forks, reverse rocker arm assembly, new case cover, poppet balls, shift lever, NOS Trans control housing cap, spring and retainer, and backup lamp switch.
I now have to figure out how to shift the Trans with the cover off. When the control housing cap hooks bent I know it was in gear but don't remember which gear. Any suggestions how to shift it without the top on it?
The manual states "Place the forks in the third gear position after checking the shift operation" after rebuilding.
I'm not a transmission guy so this is new territory for me.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks