Stock locker?

Stock locker?

Mopedtony

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 cj7 258i6
I'm unclear as to what this actually means... locker on stock axles?
132a4a6f1a67ccd85307aff22526d6b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Factory Limited Slip Differentail

Bought my '85 '7' new with OEM, LSD and had no such sticker in mine.:confused:
LG

My '86 came with the Trac-Loc, sort of a Limited slip diff, still have the owner's manual. The description in the manual is nowhere near that. I would suggest jacking up a rear wheel and trying to drive off of it. If you can't, you might want to remove that sticker. If you can, you're in good shape.

Lets not over think this, it's a factory LSD. I've seen that exact sticker on wrangler and Cherokees. I would suggest the sticker didn't come stock on CJ's, most likely added when it was in for service being the sticker came stock on later LSD equipped wranglers and Cherokees.

I actually found the origin al manual last night. It says it's a Limited slip. -really made me laugh, the manual says if one wheel is slipping to apply the E-brake to engage the LSD...

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Now a days the computer applies the brakes to the loose wheel for traction in the new fancy JKs

Now a days the computer applies the brakes to the loose wheel for traction in the new fancy JKs

:laugh:
Maybe, that's why I've pulled so many of'em out of the sand.:poke:

LG

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks