Rubicon Express Lift

Rubicon Express Lift

Az84cj7

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 cj7 Inline 6, mopar fuel injection , T5 trans, dana 300, Dana 44's
Is anyone running the 4.5" Rubicon Express Lift on there CJ? How Do you like it and how is the ride. Is it worth the $$$?

Is anyone running the 4.5" Rubicon Express Lift on there CJ? How Do you like it and how is the ride. Is it worth the $$$?

I have it but with some modification, removed 2 leafs in the rear/ one in the front, shortened to ridiculous 5" shackle to 3.75" and not in the kit but changed the shackle hangers to match springs YJ size bushings.
I am very happy with it this way on 32's.
If you leave the kit as is then 33's are right.

just my 2c

I am using the 4.5" lift with 33's. At first it was pretty stiff with the new springs, but after wheeling it a bit the ride softened up. I like it. I also changed out the upper shackle mounts to the wider YJ bushings, at the frame front and rear. Also running a M.O.R.E. front shackle reversal kit. I think it's all worth the money to me.

Rubicon Express? ? ?
They filed for bankruptcy last year. Are they still in business? I heard they may be selling to new owners. It was a good company and I have heard they made some really good products.
Sounds like they are still in business (maybe under new owners).

Four wheel parts bought out Rubicon Express last year, sometime.

I like it.

I have it but with some modification, removed 2 leafs in the rear/ one in the front, shortened to ridiculous 5" shackle to 3.75" and not in the kit but changed the shackle hangers to match springs YJ size bushings.
I am very happy with it this way on 32's.
If you leave the kit as is then 33's are right.

just my 2c

Just curious as to why you removed some leafs from a expensive set of springs. Was the ride to stiff or do you want to run a smaller tire?:confused:

I am using the 4.5" lift with 33's. At first it was pretty stiff with the new springs, but after wheeling it a bit the ride softened up. I like it. I also changed out the upper shackle mounts to the wider YJ bushings, at the frame front and rear. Also running a M.O.R.E. front shackle reversal kit. I think it's all worth the money to me.

Why a front shackle reversal kit? What purpose does that serve? Thanks

"A shackle reversal system or "SRS" allows the front suspension to travel in a much more natural action when the spring compresses."

Why a front shackle reversal kit? What purpose does that serve? Thanks

Stoney Bones is right. It also takes the harshness of bumps from hitting back on the frame. It allows the suspension to travel with the force of the bump. In my case I think it help with steering wonder,too.

a pic is worth a thousand words! Nice ride!!! How big are those meats (under the Jeep, not in the signature line...!)

They're 33 pro comps. I would say her's are 36 D's.

i put a 4" rough country...not bad for the $$ and it's my daily driver...RE kit= $1300 for a kit w/o shocks? seemed a bit high for me..plenty of other mid priced kit out there....my .02:cool:

"A shackle reversal system or "SRS" allows the front suspension to travel in a much more natural action when the spring compresses."

A shackle reversal essentially reverses the direction the axle travels during compression...
- Stock form: the axle moves up and forward.
- Shackle reversal: the axle moves up and back.

Moving back does make for a cushier ride - as stoney bones eluded, it allows the force of hitting a bump to follow its natural path - up and back. But (there's always a but) Jeep didn't design the body for this. With some 33s and anything bigger, the front tires will hit the back of the front fenders. Even in stock form (shackles) the tires will hit there when running 35s and up. The reversal is ideal when the wheel base is extended - pushing the front axles for ward a few inches.

I am thinking about taking a few leafs out like Sasquatch did. Any advice on that? Forgive the super newby questions, but which leafs did you remove? Bottom ones? How did you find your pinion angle after? I installed shims, but there is alot of vibration so I think I have to replace my pinion bearing. It's a Dana 44 rear end BTW.

Thanks!!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks