Rubicon Express lift kit

Rubicon Express lift kit

Az84cj7

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 cj7 Inline 6, mopar fuel injection , T5 trans, dana 300, Dana 44's
Anybody put one of those 4" Rubicon express lift kits on there cj? The kit with the two and a half inch wide springs. How do ya like it?

RE5525 - CJ 4.5" EXTREME-DUTY KIT

I run that kit on my Jeep. I like it. At first it was stiff and road rough. After some off road trips it has softened up.the shocks that came with it are what I think make stiffer. I was running trail master shocks and liked them better than the Rubicon shocks. I just switched to Rancho shocks. I have had this kit for about 6 years now.

I have it and came PO installed. If you want to run 33 or bigger it's good but for me on 32's it's sits higher than I really want. It comes with too long a shackle in my veiw and I have 3.5" long shackles that still allow for full spring movement and I also removed a leaf in the front and 2 in the rear for a pretty decent ride. With a 7 you probably won't need the CV rear shaft that my 5 needed but do plan on doing some degree shims up front to correct the caster that the kit eliminates, espesially with the kit shackles. I just completed building and installing the large bushing YJ size shackle hangers to equal what the spring comes with and I think that is something you will want to think about for sure.

Sasquach brought up a couple of good points. I run a cv rear drive shaft and I also changed the upper bushings to the YJ size,too. I did the M.O.R.E shackle reversal at the same time. I also tried to shim the front axle for pinion angle and caster and took them back out. I run six degree shims on the rear axle for pinion angle.

Sasquach brought up a couple of good points. I run a cv rear drive shaft and I also changed the upper bushings to the YJ size,too. I did the M.O.R.E shackle reversal at the same time. I also tried to shim the front axle for pinion angle and caster and took them back out. I run six degree shims on the rear axle for pinion angle.

Purple77CJ7 (or anyone else!), I am looking at getting the RE 4.5" kit to replace my 4" Skyjacker lift. I am already running the shackle reversal system (SRS) kit from Rough Country
RCS5060

I know RE springs are 2.5", and my current ones are 2" wide. There appears to be .25" possibly on either side, but I don't have my Jeep with me right now to determine if I can use it as is, or spread them, or will have to convert to 2.5" SRS.

Will the RE springs fit this SRS system at the fixed end, up front? I really don't want to have to swap out the SRS if possible!

Unfortunately, you might be the only one who can answer your question. You have to take a measuring tape and do some, well, measuring. Late CJ front springs already have wider bushings on the rear making them 3" wide, same as for a 2.5" spring.

Personally, I'm disappointed with my RE YJ springs. Two broken center pins, they are rusted, and have lost half of the friction pads. They are four years old.

Purple77CJ7 (or anyone else!), I am looking at getting the RE 4.5" kit to replace my 4" Skyjacker lift. I am already running the shackle reversal system (SRS) kit from Rough Country
RCS5060

I know RE springs are 2.5", and my current ones are 2" wide. There appears to be .25" possibly on either side, but I don't have my Jeep with me right now to determine if I can use it as is, or spread them, or will have to convert to 2.5" SRS.

Will the RE springs fit this SRS system at the fixed end, up front? I really don't want to have to swap out the SRS if possible!

I don't know about Rough Country's shackle reversal. I am using the RE lift with M.O.R.E. shackle reversal and the springs fit fine. I would give Rough Country a call, see what they say. Or call RE.

I have it in my 86 CJ7 and not too impressed. I have 33"s as well. It is very stiff, and a bit too high IMO. I think I am going to take the small leafs out of the springs to lower it an inch or so and soften the ride. Perhaps put some smaller shackles in there too to replace the lift ones.

You have to shim the rear axle for sure to. I had to replace my pinion bearing and seal recently. The pinion angle was in a happy place since 86 and as soon as I put the lift in the seal started leaking and I had an awesome shimmy when cruising down the road.

Rough. Over sprung unless u are an off roader. Planning on taking 2 leafs out 2 soften the ride.

I know this thread is a little old, but I am rebuilding a '86 CJ7 and need to order my suspension. I was thinking about going with these springs (2.5 front and rear) and MORE 1/2" lift shackles. I am rebuilding a V8 to drop in it and will be running 33's+.

Any thoughts?
Anyone still riding these springs and "broken-in opinion"?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks