Suspension Replacement for Rancho add a leaf kit

Suspension Replacement for Rancho add a leaf kit

WAC51

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ7 - 258
I have a 1981 CJ7. When I first bought it, I fitted a Rancho "add-a-leaf" kit, Rancho 9000 Shocks and 31x15.5x15LT Mickey Thompson tires (could also have had reverse shackles fitted, but I can't remember).

There is absolutely no give in the suspension which was fine when I was 18 years old, but because of how stiff it is, I have more or less stopped using it. I want to get it back on the road for the summer, but now that I am a bit closer to 50, I am looking for something a bit more compliant.

I mainly use the jeep during the summers, on tarmac (poor quality) and trails, no serious off roading.

What would the best replacement for the above set up be? I have read a lot about the old man emu, seems to be a good contender, don't really want to go more than 2.5" lift.

All and any suggestions are greatly apricated.

What about the tyre width, looks like nobody sells tyres that wide anymore, what would be best to keep the look but no have to go too high? (remember old and short!)

I put OME heavy's with double main springs on mine and it still rides better than the old stock springs did. Currently running 32 12.50 15's with no rubbing no matter what I put her through off road

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom