Removing Moisture

Removing Moisture

Mickie32

Jeeper
Thanks
Hi I have a question, how do you remove moisture from under the headlight cover on your 1999 Jeep? We have been having some problems with this recently and I would be greatful for any advice or help on this matter thanks.

I'm assuming you mean inside of the lens for the headlights. If your getting moisture in then you have a seal issue.

1st thing you need to do is get the seal replaced (around the bulb?). Then, if it's anything like my Mountaneer the condensation will never evaporate while it's on the vehicle. The moisture needs a way to escape and when it's closed up - there is no where to go.

Pull the headlight, turn it so the bulb opening is up and put a good high power lamp up to it. The object is to heat it up so the moisture evaporates out of the bulb opening. Let it 'cook' for a few hours after the moisture is all gone.

Then let it cool with out moving it, replace the bad seal and put it back in.

Yeah thanks I think you are right about it being a seal problem. Well hopefully it won't be too difficult to fix. Thanks for your advice.

The front parking lamps and the headlights. But the only problem with any of the lights is the seal letting in moisture. I wanted to find a way of sealing it myself but all I come up with is replacing everything with new!:eek:

The front parking lamps and the headlights. But the only problem with any of the lights is the seal letting in moisture. I wanted to find a way of sealing it myself but all I come up with is replacing everything with new!:eek:
The head lights should be sealed? Stock ones do not use replaceable bulbs unless they were changed to H4 versions (someone correct me if I'm wrong)... :)

The parking lamps can be a pain but nothing a small amount od silicone glue won't fix. :)

The head lights should be sealed? Stock ones do not use replaceable bulbs unless they were changed to H4 versions (someone correct me if I'm wrong)... :)

The parking lamps can be a pain but nothing a small amount od silicone glue won't fix. :)

for some reason the seal doesn't like me then!!! there is moisture in the headlights.

Time for some silicone then!!! :D

(stop moving so fast I can't keep up on you in the forum!!):p

Pull the headlights and see if the bulb is replaceable... I bet it is not and the headlamps are cracked...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks