Misc. Refueling problem

Misc. Refueling problem

thebushmen

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 CJ7
I had my CJs cluster replaced. the gas gauge tells me the tank is half full but the Jeep will stall if I run it past half full reading. When I refuel I can only add 4 gallons before the gas backs up. I have a Diesel engine. Problem wasn’t there before except previously gas gauge didn’t work. What the heck is wrong?

im going out on a limb here but im going to say that something is wrong with ur sending unit

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

the issue sounds like a supply problem
check the unit in the tank its pulling are into the lift pump causing the engine to stall
the make sure the hoses in the tank are rated to be submerged in diesel fuel
if pump is outside the tank check the connectors , then see if the pump can lift the fuel out of the tank (see what it is rated for its lift) might have to swap the pump
if all that checks ok
last item is this the pressure and volume at the fuel pump

just some thoughts on it

I agree with the last post you have supply trouble the draw straw in the tank maybe way short. What diesel engine do you have? Very curious.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks