Pertronix help

Pertronix help

Montanaphilly

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
None
I'll try to summarize, I know all of you dont want to read a novel , I have a dj5 mail jeep I did a 4x4 conversion on. Is has the inline 6 232, i bailed on the points and went with the pertronix ignition. Is it needed to use a relay for the red wire (we'll call it positive)? Reason I'm asking right out of the box I wired the red wire to the positive on the coil and it will run for a while and die, blow fuse after fuse after fuse. I'm electrical savvy, just wondering if anyone out there can give me a forsure on what the hell is going on. CHEERS , ITS FRIDAY.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I don’t remember you needing a relay, my buddy had 3 sets and it was a stupid easy swap, what fuses are you blowing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks