Opinions on Lift Kit Rubicon Express or OME

Opinions on Lift Kit Rubicon Express or OME

j0114

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
86 CJ7 Laredo Black
The Jeep was totally gone thru, 124k original miles on body,
New Crate engine and Trans, Weber Carb, Interior replaced back to stock, Dana 44 Rear, Dana 35 Front, 2.5 " Suspension Lift 1" body 33-12.50 Tires on Mickey Thompson Wheels, New Dupont Paint
The OME Kit I refer to is the CJ upgrade and then the YJ kit added to it,
It will still only be a 2.5 " lift, I plan to put a 1 in body lift on with this as well.
I wont be able to flex a true 33" tire but most 3's are 315-32.5 in by tape measure except super swampers,
I like the idea of the lower kit keep it from being tippy and OME is known for ride quality.

The Other is the Rubicon Express Super Duty 4.5 kit, It also utilizes the yj springs in the front, I really dont wont to go to a 4 in lift but I will,
Has anyone else had this decision to make , or who has either of these lifts and are you happy with them

When I bought my 5 the PO had just installed a RE 4.5 on it and my impression is they are nice quality but too high far a narrow track CJ at least for my taste. The shackle they provide is 5" and I did away with those and now have 3.5" units, I also removed the 2 smallest leaves out of the rear and 1 smallest in front with a result of a nice soft ride(for a CJ) and about 3" to 3-1/2" of lift.

RE did not make a 4.5 lift and a 2.5 lift, I wish they still had the 2.5 avail

I ordered the CJ to YJ kit and the OME springs from Rocky Road last week for my 7. I don't know what they are now, but they are super stiff. Jeep is new to me and came with brand new 33" BFG AT, which I don't care for.....I want a smaller and narrower tire myself. I doubt I can run the 33's anyway, we shall see.

Supposed to arrive Monday, I'll let ya know what I think of the kit, provided it all arrives. I've come to know their reputation is sketchy at best. I was surprised they had shipped it so quick. :cool:

I ordered the CJ to YJ kit and the OME springs from Rocky Road last week for my 7. I don't know what they are now, but they are super stiff. Jeep is new to me and came with brand new 33" BFG AT, which I don't care for.....I want a smaller and narrower tire myself. I doubt I can run the 33's anyway, we shall see.

Supposed to arrive Monday, I'll let ya know what I think of the kit, provided it all arrives. I've come to know their reputation is sketchy at best. I was surprised they had shipped it so quick. :cool:

There will be a market for you BFG's if you decide to sell just don't make my mistake, Bought the Jeep with newer 33" and thought they were too big so I put on new 31" only to decide they were too small for my lift so I sold them and bought 32" BFG MT2.
I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. :D

There will be a market for you BFG's if you decide to sell just don't make my mistake, Bought the Jeep with newer 33" and thought they were too big so I put on new 31" only to decide they were too small for my lift so I sold them and bought 32" BFG MT2.
I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. :D

Actually, I'm glad you told me that because I probably could've made a deal with the local tire place for my 33's. I'm thinking now I won't do that until I'm sure.

Thanks, I think we were both born in the same shed. :rolleyes:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks