One more project

2lostspace

Jeep-CJ.com Moderator
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
82 CJ-7
Engine 258
Transfer case dana 300
Well last night the guy who originally owned my CJ called and asked me to come over. I took the short trip to his house and we started to talk about this Ford Ranger that he was wanting to build up for a off road rig. Telling me that he found that the frame on the left sit was really gone more than what he wanted to fix. I had talked to him about getting a project for the boy and I. When I left his house I was the proud owner of a Ranger which cost me nothing Just get it out of his yard.
The engine perrs like a kitten needs a new clutch and a trans, You could still drive the thing. I took a BFH to the frame and the only soft part is the top of the frame the bottom and sides are fine.
I got home and told the wife and she just kinda smiled and said if you want it go ahead and bring it home. So today I have the truck and the yj to get to the house and some time I have to find time for my boys baseball game. 24 hours a day just isnt enought time. :):confused:

Congrats ! Should be a fun project for you and your son :) What engine? My buddy had one with a 4cyl and it seemed to run forever, good mpg too.

I've got a '93 X-cab that is one the list to get a 4x4 conversion, IF we keep it, and IF I can get time for it.

Your right, 24 hrs isnt enough! :laugh:

Congrats ! Should be a fun project for you and your son :) What engine? My buddy had one with a 4cyl and it seemed to run forever, good mpg too.

I Know it is a 6cyl not sure if it is the 3.0 or 4.0. It is a 5spd 4x4 regular cab I think it is a 93, when I get it home I need to get some pictures of the thing, one more thing to do get my camera from work:bang::bang:!!!

another project and still havent done the SOA!:laugh:

Your yard is gonna look like mine before long

another project and still havent done the SOA!:laugh:

Your yard is gonna look like mine before long

That just might happen!!

Here are some of the pictures that I took tonight of the Ranger. It is a 3.0 engine still don't know what year it is I will know tomorrow.

Attachments

• P5026883-1.jpg
    P5026883-1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 84
  • P5026872-1-1.jpg
    P5026872-1-1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 141
  • P5026877-1.jpg
    P5026877-1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 68
  • P5026871-1.jpg
    P5026871-1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 79

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom