Oil Change Question

Oil Change Question

saludora

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
69 cj5, 1971 Dodge Charger Superbee
i am getting the jeep ready for spring and changing the oil ...problem is the dip stick is "jerry rigged" no offence to anyone named jerry....and the local auto parts shop does not have the specs for oil needed for oilchang on my 225 dauntless v6 oddfire...i bought 6 quarts to be safe ...can anyone let me know exactly how much oil to put in after i drain it and change filter plz:eek:

That is a great link for almost all 225 questions but I couldn't find where it tells how much oil... Did I miss it? :confused:

Just be glad that it's not like my '99 Mercedes 3.0L inline six. That stupid thing takes 9 quarts of 0W-30 synthetic and a $20 filter! :mad:

The oil specification is outta of my mind.! Use 5 without filter and 5 with filter. Do tell tell us wat uve got.. I hope ur problem is solved with this easy equation of mine.!

i am getting the jeep ready for spring and changing the oil ...problem is the dip stick is "jerry rigged" no offence to anyone named jerry....and the local auto parts shop does not have the specs for oil needed for oilchang on my 225 dauntless v6 oddfire...i bought 6 quarts to be safe ...can anyone let me know exactly how much oil to put in after i drain it and change filter plz:eek:

5 with filter.
That's what I used to use in mine when I owned it.
This was 1975;
scan0001.png

That is a great picture! Is that a dirty white wall on that CJ?

Yea- but don't tell anyone.:rolleyes:
I tried, but they wouldn't rub off on the rocks.

Darn "Petescj: - do you have to use the word "Vintage"?
It was only.........................34 years ago! Shoot- your right!!:eek:

Just have to make another comment - I bet that would be a great Jeep print ad!

"Only in a Jeep!"

I thought of that after I posted it , but hey it was complimentary for sure :drool:
Yea- but don't tell anyone.:rolleyes:
I tried, but they wouldn't rub off on the rocks.

Darn "Petescj: - do you have to use the word "Vintage"?
It was only.........................34 years ago! Shoot- your right!!:eek:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks