Oh how I want.....

Oh how I want.....

Petescj

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-7 258 / T-18 / Dana 300 31 in All Terrains.
1978 CJ-7 304 / TH 400 / Quadratrac 32 in Mud Terrains
A CJ8. They just seem to pop up when theres no money around. I shouldnt even be thinking about these with lay-offs lingering at work , but I just cant help myself.
CJ8.png

you and me both, brother!

Look at it this way, if you do get laid off, a CJ8 shouldn't be too hard to sell. I would love to have one.:drool:

I'd like to find one too! Just don't have the time right now... Maybe for my next project! :)

Even if you have one, the need for another is always present:):chug:

Attachments

• 050.JPG
    050.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 62
First round of layoffs came today. Its only for a week supposedly and I missed the axe. I usually work somewhere in the 400 to 500 hrs of o.t. a year range so I never had a use for unemployment. I dont have a claim open. The fun money noose is all tightened up now. :(

I know , Ive seen your Scrambler already ;). I was close to buying earlier this year but couldnt quite swing it. Better days are ahead.
Even if you have one, the need for another is always present:):chug:

That is the issue right now, no really big purchases, just a lot of little ones. I have been selling some parts over the past 4-5 months and I notice that the under $50 ones are selling, the bigger ones aren't...

So, yes, a Scrambler would be great, but being able to unload it in a hurry I am not so sure of... sure it will sell, but probably not for the coin you have into it at that point and then you are going to take a double hit... first you have to sell it, second you get less money... double kick in the junk.

So, my alternative... buy the "little" parts... like a half cab and a bulkhead and make a ScramJ7... that is what I finally did when I realized that the Scrambler I wanted to start with was going to cost way too much money.

http://www.certifiablejeep.com/images/freejeep/page67/large/100_1760.jpg

cb

That is hell of a great looking CJ! A ScramJ7 huh! A very novel approach to a CJ. Looks great!

BTW, what is that stuff on the ground? Is that very clean sand? :laugh:

It is a new type of sand, it comes only when it is very cold, it hangs around for a long time, it hurts your back and shoulders to move it... basically it is like the guest that won't leave.

cb

Cb , I like your approach on that. You do some really nice work. You have 2 Cj-5s also right? Now that I think of it I think I bought some parts from you already. The under $50 ones :D That unfortunately wouldnt work for me. Im looking for something that will haul around 3 kids. Id put two fold and tumble seats in the bed , a nice safe roll bar and grab a full soft top. Ive put any future projects on hold for now unfortunately.

Yeah, with 3 kids, that is going to be a bit tough.
Yeah, my wife has a 5 and so do I... I also have the 7 that is being built up right now... I am just about to stab the new block in... I got the old cracked one out, the new one back and assembled, just in for a quick bite and then back in .

cb

Im curious as to what you used for a bulkhead. My CJ5 came to me from the previous owner with a 1/2 top and a ghetto fabbed bulkhead. I sold it quite a long time ago.

I got a bulkhead and a 1/2 cab out of a Scrambler... both from different people so thiey didn't know what I was up to.

I had to fab the scrambler bulkhead to the 95 Wrangler tub, but with a bunch of measureing and drilling, I was able to get it all lined up, socked it down and it was good.

http://www.certifiablejeep.com/images/freejeep/page50/large/170_7067.jpg

Good news is that it is removable, so that is key! Then I went to work with a cage inside... that was a ton of work as well, but it is all good!

Craig

Nice. Im gonna check the rest of it out on your site tomorrow. You do some good work. Coming to Pa anytime soon ? :)

I was supposed to be going down to see a friend in Jersey on the 12th of April... but for all you guys with wives out there, mine neglected to tell me upfront that it was Easter that day, soooooo, now I am not going. I always make plans and never consider the holuidays for some reason.

Anyway, we were going to go from Jersey to a couple places in PA to pick up parts. He has a buddy that has to grab some stuff and then we were going to see what was there, etc. I was going along for the ride. Also, a stop at the Yuengling brewery to check that out, as I have never been and I love that stuff... can't get it up here in NH... so sad.

So, the answer is yes, I will be coming down there soon, I just have to make sure there aren't any holidays...

ON a side note, I got more of the engine put back together last night... most of the underside stuff, so tonight it will be top side and hopefully getting it to the point that it will turn over... then it is just bolting sheetmetal back on... woo hoo!

cb

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks