Steering Non Tilt column 77 CJ5 plastic collar / Shroud

Steering Non Tilt column 77 CJ5 plastic collar / Shroud

Bluebandit2g

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ5
Does anyone know where i can find the plastic shroud/collar for a non tilt column? Mine is all busted up. In process of rebuilding my column and want to make it right. I tried ebay but no luck. I may just not be searching the right thing.

Sounds like you're referring to the actual housing part of the column as opposed to the cover that screws onto the dash. The latter is easy - Omix # 13318.08. But if you need the actual column housing or shroud, let's narrow in on which one. The ignition cylinder is in the upper part, or the housing. The lower part is the shroud. Also depends on whether you have a column shift or floor shift. Since you said "shroud", that would be part # 10.338-8 (left center in the pic below).

I swapped mine non-tilt for a tilt unit, but had to send my non-tilt in as a core. The good folks at Columns Galore (columnsgalore.com or 888-326-5866) provided the rebuilt column. They also removed the ignition cylinder from the new column for me since I have push button start and no longer use a key. Column Swap Thread

Perhaps those guys could get you the part you need.

cj7-steering-column-diagram-4.jpg

Thank you. I think i found it on another image. The image above is of a Tilt column as you stated. I found the parts fiche page for the non tilt. Looks like Part no: 10.338-6 Google provide no search results on that part though. UGH !! Ill try to reach out to columnsgalore and see if they can provide the part. Likely has a GM / delco number as well let the search begin

Does anyone know where i can find the plastic shroud/collar for a non tilt column? Mine is all busted up. In process of rebuilding my column and want to make it right. I tried ebay but no luck. I may just not be searching the right thing.
I'v got a buddy in Canton Ohio (Bobby Ferencik) who parts out CJ's, tons of inventory, and there's Rudy's in Findlay Ohio (Randall Miller) who has more CJ parts than AMC ever sold lol. I believe both ship, and can be found on Marketplace easily as they have a plethora of ads, just type in Jeep parts in the search and you'll see the ones that pop up in Dayton and Canton, make sure you set the search location in their areas first, can't miss them. I f anyone can't find a part from either of these 2, no one has it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks