mcadams1469

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1999 Z71,1981 cb 750 and now this 1977 CJ7renagade
Just purchased a 1977 CJ7 never done a complete but always wanted to and me and my daughter are going to attack this head on but would like some advice on where to start . The jeep is in running condition but has some rust damage of course mainly to floor. It is a 3 speed with a 360 and 33*12.50 tires . Was thinking about the tub first,removing it and repairing much as possible then having rhino lining put on inside tub and outside tub as well as underneath priced this and was told around 1200 if i removed tub and brought it to them.

Hello mcadams1469 and welcome to our site! :chug:

Your daughter is lucky to have some one like you to work with! Sounds like a great project.

You can buy replacement floor pans for your CJ and do exactly what you said - repair and line. You can buy the lining (there are several brands) and do the work your self if you want to save a few bucks though...

Best floor pans on the market (IMHO)... -->> http://www.jeep-cj.com/jeeplinks/pa...oduction-parts-for-studebaker-jeep--ford-120/

Welcome to the site! Sound like a great project for you and the daughter.

welcome to the site enjoy go for it youll love it:chug:

Welcome to the forum. If your wondering on what to look for or where to start..... Take your pick
1) Rust.... find it, fix it. You will thank yourself later.
2) Electricity.... If you are lucky enough to have all original gauges, speedo, etc.... Then you should play the lottery if they all work and they also all light up properly(and that is the green color :) ) I highly recommend making sure you the status of your wiring situation to include all power wires, the main grounds, and then the sub grounds for smaller things. You can really run into some heavy resistance and alot of alcohol will be needed if you are all done and excited and the first time you drive at night your dash panel doesn't light up at all.... Yep, thats me.

SO!! Good luck. I would take care of the rust, then hit the wiring. After that its all downhill.... or is it uphill??? :)
Just Empty Every Pocket!

Enjoy that time with your youngin!

My wiring was a desaster. I bought a new loom from Painless Wiring. No problems now. Welcome to the site

i,m new to this to getting to the wiring start by taking the big loom apart know where all the wires go is a good start.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks