Need help please

Need help please

susie

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Yes, caps. Its major. And Im sorry I havent been around.

Anyway, my daddy is old, and I am trying to help him. So please....

He has a 2004 Dodge 2500 with a 5.9 Cummins I think he said 24 valve.

He had to change the water pump the other day. He doesnt know where the bleeder valve is. Can someone point me in the right direction. Give me a map. Anything. Someone told him its ok to drive it like that, but I dont want him to end up messing it up worse. PLEASE.

Welcome back :chug: I did a search but am unable to find any mention of bleeding off air in the coolant via a vent valve but there is a lot about bleeding air out of the fuel.... hopefully someone can give you a real answer on it

WaterTempSensorPosition1.jpg

Susie, there is no bleeder valve in the Cummins. He can drive it safely without anything happening.
He just has to keep filling the radiator every day to make up for the air in the system.
However, if there is a concern, he can take the small allen screw out of the head and bleed the air out here(small hex plug in the head by the DODGE 'E')

Susie, there is no bleeder valve in the Cummins. He can drive it safely without anything happening.
He just has to keep filling the radiator every day to make up for the air in the system.
However, if there is a concern, he can take the small allen screw out of the head and bleed the air out here(small hex plug in the head by the DODGE 'E')
This is whats so great with this site someone can ask a ? that has nothing to do with CJs and it's members will do what the can do to help :notworthy: makes me proud to be a member.

This is whats so great with this site someone can ask a ? that has nothing to do with CJs and it's members will do what the can do to help :notworthy: makes me proud to be a member.

X2 :notworthy::chug:

Susie, I sent you a PM. Did you get it?

Yes I did :)

Thank you.

When filling the radiator, should the truck be running?

I love this place. But my life got extremely busy for a long time. Now, its not so much. And in all of my honesty, I do not own a Jeep. I dream of it. While kids are yelling slugbug when they see a VW Beetle, I yell Jeep when I see one. I finally got others to do it too. But, I have been here for years. CJ is wonderful and has made a wonderful community here :)

No, the truck does not have to be running to fill the radiator.

By opening the head right at the plug, you are able to fill the heater core and the thermostat housing.

If you want to make sure that it is filled, get the truck up to operating temperature, carefully and slowly open the radiator cap(not really recommended) and see how much antifreeze is in there and then top it off, just covering the cores of the radiator. Also, make sure that the overflow bottle is filled to the proper height, as this will also fill the radiator when the truck cools off when not running.

stodg

While kids are yelling slugbug when they see a VW Beetle, ...

Interesting. As kids, and even mine did it, we called them punch bugs. And the first to see it yelled punchbug and then got to punch someone on the arm/shoulder.:D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks