My New/Old Tractor

My New/Old Tractor

mhubacek

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
WR450F, 68' CJ-5, 72' CJ-5, F250 POWERSTROKE
http://www.jeep-cj.com/gallery/files/1/2/4/0/picture_or_video_139.jpg Just Purchased a new to me 1940's Ford 9N Tractor. This is the first tractor I've ever owned. In fact, the first time I ever operated a tractor, was when I got this one home and drove it off the trailer! I'm definately having a good time with it, and it will save my back in the future! I paid $1500 for it, and it came with a Front End Loader. (Not Attached) Anyone on this site have any experience with these old things? I've looked all over the web, trying to find info on the correct way to mount the Loader, with no luck. The only thing the loader is missing is the Hydro-Pump Driveshaft, which I'll have to purchase or have made. I might put a ROS (Roll Cage) on it as well, since I've read so many stories of these things flipping over and crushing the operator. Even without the loader, I've had fun cruising around my new property with it. I guess I'm starting to get old, and to lazy to walk! :D

Can't help you with the loader, but - nice find! I bet that thing will go just about anywhere! Very clean! :)

I can't say I have ever seen a 9N with a loader. Old Ford tractors are very cool things I have a 62 ford 2000 diesel. Look for a service manual for it, If it is as good as the manual that Ford wrote for the 2000, it is an incredible book . A better service manual than any thing I have ever seen. Tractors are truly built to last for ever.
Do be careful, farming is one of the most dangerous occupations there is and tractors are a very large part of the reason why. :cool:
My favorite attachments are the brush hog and the post hole digger. You will never be able to walk behind a 21 inch mower again with out feeling like your waisting time. :D

Just Purchased a new to me 1940's Ford 9N Tractor. This is the first tractor I've ever owned. In fact, the first time I ever operated a tractor, was when I got this one home and drove it off the trailer! I'm definately having a good time with it, and it will save my back in the future! I paid $1500 for it, and it came with a Front End Loader. (Not Attached) Anyone on this site have any experience with these old things? I've looked all over the web, trying to find info on the correct way to mount the Loader, with no luck. The only thing the loader is missing is the Hydro-Pump Driveshaft, which I'll have to purchase or have made. I might put a ROS (Roll Cage) on it as well, since I've read so many stories of these things flipping over and crushing the operator. Even without the loader, I've had fun cruising around my new property with it. I guess I'm starting to get old, and to lazy to walk! :D

wow memories
I loved my old 9n, had a disc, hedgehog, hay cutter, windrower and bailer for mine. It was a blast to own, easy to work on, extremely dependable and the cool factor is above all. I never had a loader though but I will tell you, contact a Ford tractor dealer and he will be able to get the parts and tell you how to mount that beast.

Thanks for all the feedback. I found a Tractor Supply store about 30 minutes from my house. They deal with old tractors like mine as well. A guy there walked me through the process on how to get it mounted correctly. They also had all kinds of parts in stock for the old Ford 9n. I was impressed! I purchased a Carb rebuild kit, and a shop manual for it. Just about every part I asked about, they had in stock! It's nice to know that even though the tractor is 60 years old, there's still an abundance of parts available.

That's because it is still one of the best tractors ever built in that size. Just look on crais list at how many are for sale all running great
Thanks for all the feedback. I found a Tractor Supply store about 30 minutes from my house. They deal with old tractors like mine as well. A guy there walked me through the process on how to get it mounted correctly. They also had all kinds of parts in stock for the old Ford 9n. I was impressed! I purchased a Carb rebuild kit, and a shop manual for it. Just about every part I asked about, they had in stock! It's nice to know that even though the tractor is 60 years old, there's still an abundance of parts available.

My buddy has a 9n, I have an 8n and so does my brother.
My buddy has the loader also. Heavy thing but cool.
Does it come with rear counterweights?
The loader on his is stupid heavy, with a load of dirt I'd be concerned it would tilt over forward.

mine is an 8N. and yes that is a 1958 Airstream 18' Traveler cannot move it around without the 8N.

Attachments

• 1958 Airstream Traveler 001.jpg
    1958 Airstream Traveler 001.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 1958 Airstream Traveler 003.jpg
    1958 Airstream Traveler 003.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 67
No it didn't come with any rear counter weights. I'll have to look into that. I have a couple areas to weld on the FEL before I install it. It is very heavy! I had to use an engine hoist and a come-along just to get it on the trailer. Getting it mounted is going to be a challenge.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks