Motorola T605 Bluetooth Car kit

CJ

Admin
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
Alright... I got tired of not being able to hear my phone in my truck and I hate earpieces so - I ordered a car kit. Specifically, a

Amazon had them for $60, normally about $130 so I decided to give it ago.

....Click me....

I'll let you all know how it works and even post in the review section...

Does anyone here use a car kit for their phone? I'd be interested in hearing what you have and how it works.

I have driven vehicles with inbuilt car kits.

Firstly I must say that you definately got a good deal on your car kit.

I didn't see a link, but I assume your kit you ordered has the ability to fully wire it into the car stereo, and use it as a voice over through the car speakers, which would cut radio or music in the event of you picking up the phone..

Am I correct, or is it one of the less permenent in car systems that has its own speakers?

Here is the link to the kit. Amazon.com: Motorola T605 Bluetooth Music Car Kit: Cell Phones & Service

You are correct on both accounts. It has the ability to use existing hardware in your vehicle, mute the stereo and use the speakers. It also includes a separate speaker if you can't incorporate it into your sound system.

In my Mountaineer I have an aftermarket Alpine CDA-7998 Alpine CDA-7998 CD/MP3 Receiver with Ai-NET CD Changer Controls at Crutchfield.com - it's a few years old but works very well.

The Alpine can interface with the car kit pretty easily. The kit even came with low level RCA connections so I can hook it right up. That is one of the main reasons I purchased it.

Well, I thought the phone kit would interface perfectly with the Alpine unit but it just wasn't to be... The low level RCA output on the bluetooth kit was just for MP3 streaming from the cell phone. The actual voice output was via a pair of wires and in mono... Didn't quite work as I had hoped so, a little soldering (pay attention Sham) and few sacrificed RCA jacks and two PC mount mini 12v relays and I had a custom phone / RCA /Mute interface!

Wala! I bet I could sell these things for at least $8!!! :chug:

Attachments

• bt_harness.jpg
    bt_harness.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 835
Communicate on the go like never before. Motorola’s innovative assortment of Bluetooth solutions for the car will change the way you talk while you are in your vehicle. Simply use your compatible Bluetooth enabled mobile phone with any one of our Bluetooth automotive products and keep focused while staying connected – hands-free.:cool::D:)

http://direct.motorola.com/ens/carkits/index.html

Has anyone used one of these units with the top off? Can the caller hear you?

Has anyone used one of these units with the top off? Can the caller hear you?

They have a "Redneck" version too.:laugh:
Quantity: 123​

or
Sign in to turn on 1-Click ordering.

41%2B0GqUxarL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
See larger image Share your own customer images

Cobra 29 LTD BT 29 LTD CB Radio with Bluetooth Technology

Other products by Cobra
4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
6 Reviews
5 star: (5) 4 star: (1) 3 star: (0) 2 star: (0) 1 star: (0)
See all 6 customer reviews...

| More about this product
List Price: $179.95 Price: $139.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details You Save: $39.96 (22%)
o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

What Is Subscribe & Save? When you order through Subscribe & Save, you'll automatically receive a new shipment of the item in intervals you select at a discount on our everyday price. Plus, all subscription orders ship free. We'll charge your credit card for each order only when the item is shipped, and you may cancel at any time.

To start a subscription for this product, choose a quantity and delivery schedule, then click "Subscribe now!" You'll be asked to provide a shipping address, credit card, and billing address. Once the order is placed, your first shipment will be processed and your subscription activated.

More on our Subscribe & Save program

/* --- */

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom