Vehicle(s)
54 Willys 3B, FI 401, T-18, ARB Locked, Hinkey Sidewinder Winch
I’ll start will a few from 007

562d13af499bff466cda61cf4b8cf26c.jpg

64bb8b57ff1e363b90ed452c69fb23bf.jpg

224dff6cb0c2500f131a0066b3e13b8a.jpg

Wile E Coyote comes to mind.

c2f639b6e96f6e31813a5ae266af0aa3.jpg

Still in Colorado Springs, I’ll add more when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude thats awesome, it looks like they must have spent a lot of time out there when they were drawing that cartoon

Last edited:
Escalator,
I spent over a minute at the bottom of the first hole gaining position. Boring for most to watch but I was mostly on 2 wheels (d-rear/p-front) teetering between front and rear trying to catch my front d-tire on rock. There was no one on deck so I took my time. Good spotting by coldair as well.

A video taken up on the rock would have been best, but this is what I have. If your interested in seeing that type of shot google Moab Escalator to get a better view.

https://youtu.be/Fr4AGuOfT4c

Hell's Revenge Overlook

https://youtu.be/M7gHZSlom9g

Escalator,
I spent over a minute at the bottom of the first hole gaining position. Boring for most to watch but I was mostly on 2 wheels (d-rear/p-front) teetering between front and rear trying to catch my front d-tire on rock. There was no one on deck so I took my time. Good spotting by coldair as well.

A video taken up on the rock would have been best, but this is what I have. If your interested in seeing that type of shot google Moab Escalator to get a better view.

https://youtu.be/Fr4AGuOfT4c

Hell's Revenge Overlook

https://youtu.be/M7gHZSlom9g

It was a good time. Not sure if you guys can see how steep it is but I had to crawl up a few times you cant walk up that grade.

Always hard to tell how steep with videos like you say, but you can see with these videos the drop. Good stuff !

A brief report,

This was a nice laid back group. We took our time and everyone was on the same page. The weather was perfect in the mid to high 70s, little to no wind.

Coldair was the tail gunner and did a fantastic job. Both Coldair and 007 did much of the spotting as well. Well done guys!

Gary had a problem with his front double-cardan joint on the drive to Moab. It was repaired by Thursday afternoon. Shooby's trans mount failed on the first day so he ordered one while on the trail. The old mount was removed that night and shooby picked up the new mount the following morning. It was installed in short order and we were one our way to the trail.

The trails we ran were best for this group for a few reason.

Thursday = Hell's Revenge
We took our time and found some nice off the trail obstacles and beautiful scenery. I tried Escalator for the first time which was fun. The first go of it I didn't have my rear tire exactly where I liked it, I tried to reposition, after a few tries I backed out to reposition the Jeep. Once I hit my spot I went through as the videos shows. Hell's gate was just as fun.

Friday = Steel Bender Flat Pass Route and Loop Route as one trail
This was a fun trail with plenty of ledges. We did some planning, winching and spotting which made for a fun event. There was a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.

Saturday = Hell's Revenge Fins N Things (North and South)
We had 2 in the group that wasn't available for Thursday's trail run so we ran it again and added F n T. We decided to bypass the long rocky dirt rd out and used the alternate route to go out on slickrock.

It was a good opportunity to run both north and soutH F N T. In April I'll won't run the south and use the alternate route to get to the slickrock.

Sunday = Potdash Rd Shafer Switchbacks
This was one of the most spectacular trails I've been on and the photos will back it up. The switchbacks reminded me of Black Bear Pass although a bit wider. It is not a challenging trail, fact is, we ran it in 2 wheel drive, but I can guarantee it will be on the trail list come April.

Everyone in the group ran their Jeeps well, they climbed everything they wanted and had fun doing it. This was a very successful trail run.

Can't wait til April

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks