Misc. Miles per gallon or smiles per gallon

Misc. Miles per gallon or smiles per gallon

coldair

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 cj7 in the works,
1996 F350 crew cab with a 5.9 cummins
Today I was out in the jeep with my son. Looked down at my fuel gauge got me thinking about fuel milage of my beloved jeep. Last tank of fuel Hand calculated I had gotten 11.5 mpg
BTW I didnt build my jeep for fuel milage but I did build it for smiles per gallon.

Attachments

• E7D30D36-8D75-4818-8E87-0F95E215BD4B.jpeg
    E7D30D36-8D75-4818-8E87-0F95E215BD4B.jpeg
    319 KB · Views: 22
Nice looking Jeep ! Even with those SPGallons

IMG_5026.JPG
Maybe you should think about getting one of these...

I already have a spare tire Shooby hahahahaha.

Shoo by how many gallons each unit ? 2 or 3 ?

Three gallons. Very useful on many occasions. Unlike Mr. Coldair, my CJ gets around 10 smiles per gallon, depending on atmospheric conditions.

I installed a under seat tank from a 71 when I had the 304 in my rig. Now with the 360 I'm glad I did. I would love to get 10 MPG. your getting.

Those rotopax are spendy...but nice. I have 2 in front of my spare tire on a swingout made by Dirtworx. I thought I was going to really need them after my 351w swap...even after installing a 21ga tank from MTS. turns out I get a little over 13mpg with the bigger motor...but the extra 6 gallons provides a little extra security!

There is speedo error on mine. About 15% according to the GPS. So running the 285 with a Kalifornia Howell TBI I'm calculated to about 15 around town and in the hills and 18 to 19 on the highway.

The Jeep was built for smiles and reliability, mpg if I drive no more than 65 mph is around 14.5 maybe.
:jeepgrin:

There is speedo error on mine. About 15% according to the GPS. So running the 285 with a Kalifornia Howell TBI I'm calculated to about 15 around town and in the hills and 18 to 19 on the highway.

This makes me feel better. I totally forgot about my speedo being off. I'm only calculating about 11mpg with the 33's. One day I'll buy that new speedo gear...one day.

Speed Hut sells a GPS based speedo so you wont ever need a new speedo gear again. i found it after all 4 of the repop speedos I bought failed to calibrate yes my gear was correct Now I never worry. You can and will lose signal now and then not enough to matter. I know my tach readings to not get tickets when this happens.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom