Milemarker winch

I have a mile marker but it's an older 10500 pound hydraulic unit. The company makes a great product and I have heard very good things about heir electric models.

I have a mile marker but it's an older 10500 pound hydraulic unit. The company makes a great product and I have heard very good things about heir electric models.
What I have to say echos what Kane said almost word for word.
I love my hydraulic Mile Marker. Great winch. I hear their electric winches are also very good although I've never owned one of their electrics.

A note to you out there interested in buying a hydraulic Mile Marker winch, the hydraulic's run off the engine so when wheeling if your jeeps stalls and won't restart "Like in a mud hole" the winch will not work. Electric winches will still operate. However usually not for very long before killing your battery. Marine winches are better for winching. Good luck.

I talked to a guy at out local extreme shop a week ago and he said he has sold plenty of mile markers because people like the price but he said a lot of them won't to get a refund when they :dung: out after a year or so. If you going to rely of a winch it needs to be reliable. But then again you can buy several mile markers before you buy a nice $2,000 warn.

I have been told that super winch was good if you didn't want to spend the money in a warn or something. With winches you get what you pay for I think.

Not talking mile marker down at all though I personally have never used one.

Last edited:
I love my MileMarker winch. It's an older model. The PO of my jeep used it for years to pull logs to a trailer. I think it's a workhorse.
MileMarker has a military contract. It's the only winch installed on Hmvees.
Mine is a hydraulic winch. As Mattduran pointed out the engine has to be running. It has 2 speeds but unlike electric winches it doesn't slow down under load. Low speed is very slow but pulls like a tank. I have the hydraulic solenoids mounted on the winch but they can also be mounted on the inner fender. If they're mounted there then the winch will operate under water (as long as the engine is running).
Another good thing about hydraulic winches is they don't heat up and loose power the way an electric winch does. No motor. It's more like a pump. The power steering pump powers the "pump" in the winch that drives the spool. Hydraulic winches have 100% duty cycle, meaning they can run constantly.

:confused:
For winching boats?
Please explain

Yes Marine winches are better for winching purposes. Your typical car battery has a lot of explosive starting power. Marine batteries are made with thicker individual cell plates making them a heavier battery but also this gives them a lot more continues low power drain you get like when your winching. There also made to be run down to a very low level with minimal to no damage unlike typical car batteries. I run dual Optima yellow top marine batteries for my 2 on board air compressors, dual flexa-lite fans, and a Warn Xi 8000 winch all of which likes its juice. I can have the jeep off and these will pull the jeep out of any mud hole I ever want to be in.

Which winch is better electric or hydraulic? There's pros and cons to both as stated, I personally like the electric warn winch we have them for around $700 to $1000 and there great quality winches perfect for jeeps. Good luck.

Electric winches will still operate. However usually not for very long before killing your battery. Marine winches are better for winching. Good luck.

:confused:
For winching boats?
Please explain

Yes Marine winches are better for winching purposes. Your typical car battery has a lot of explosive starting power. Marine batteries are made with thicker individual cell plates making them a heavier battery but also this gives them a lot more continues low power drain you get like when your winching. There also made to be run down to a very low level with minimal to no damage unlike typical car batteries. I run dual Optima yellow top marine batteries for my 2 on board air compressors, dual flexa-lite fans, and a Warn Xi 8000 winch all of which likes its juice. I can have the jeep off and these will pull the jeep out of any mud hole I ever want to be in.

Ahh so you ment marine batteries are better.
While I somewhat agree I feel you should know that yellow tops are NOT marine batteries they are deep cycle batteries. The Blue tops are the marine batteries.

Ahh so you ment marine batteries are better.
While I somewhat agree I feel you should know that yellow tops are NOT marine batteries they are deep cycle batteries. The Blue tops are the marine batteries.

Sorry for the mistake. Your right however the blue top and yellow tops are both deep cycle and use the same technology. They clasify the blue top as being marine but yellow top is deep cycle making it good for marine also. Thank you.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks