Engine MC 2100 jetting question

Engine MC 2100 jetting question

Greenweenie44

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1972 Cj-5 304, T-15 trans, D20 trans case, Dana 30 fr/Dana 44 rear
Taking trip to Colorado in fall to do some mountain passes. I’m currently at 217’ altitude. Going to be as high as 13.000 there. Was hoping someone who runs Alpine loop could tell me how they jetted their carb. Motorcraft 2100, 304, DUI ignition and headers. Any help appreciated.

Wow you are 216 feet higher than me. I had a Weber on mine for 30 some years and only reached elevations of about 4000 ft and my Jeep let me know on fairly steep inclines it didn’t like them. I changed engines this last year and that was the main reason I switched to fuel injection. Looking forward to going to Colorado now, where before it would have been a challenge. Someone here should know what you need. Good luck on your trip

I live in a small town in central Maine with an elevation of just over 400 feet. Went on a ride with some from this group a few years ago and based in Silverton. Never had to change the settings on my Motorcraft carb at all. It ran great.

I live in a small town in central Maine with an elevation of just over 400 feet. Went on a ride with some from this group a few years ago and based in Silverton. Never had to change the settings on my Motorcraft carb at all. It ran great.
@caveman in Co with us... Only hit 13g a few times, 11g was average height. Great trip!! :chug:

cav.jpg

alt2.jpg

Hi, I live in Estes Park, CO at 8,000 feet and my CJ7 was from a Colorado dealer back in '78. The Motorcraft 2150 is the high altitude version. I would suggest you check the "innerweb" for differences between the high altitude and regular versions. There might be some part numbers listed to help you start your search. I can not vouch for other carburetors but I can verify that there are fuel rich and flooding issues at high altitudes and temperatures, been there, done that. At the very least I would take some leaner jets, tools, gasket kit, shop manual or equivalent, and a good web access device since you might get a chance to do some "quality " carburetor time on the road. Good luck.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom