Manual to Power Steering with a 4 Cylinder...

Manual to Power Steering with a 4 Cylinder...

poppatello

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 Cj, 4 Banger, 4.5 BDS Lift, 35" KM2, Twin Stick, Nuttered...
Good morning folks. It has certainly been a while since I have been on here and posted. Hope all is well. I want to get my Jeep back on the road again. The manual steering box has gone out and I purchased a used power steering set up from a Cj that I believe had a 258 in it. I got new hoses and all with it. My concern is when I look up the components in a catalog to make sure I have everything I noticed they have different part numbers for pump, return hose, and pitman arm are different.

I currently have a drop pitman arm for my lift kit on my manual steering box. Will that work on the power steering box? Do I need the pump for the 4 cylinder or will the pump I have work? The pump I have came from a 6-cylinder jeep. Is there a difference? Is there anything else I might need or should think about upgrading that is related to the power steering or manual steering components? I will rebuild the tie rod ends and other steering components later.

I am now starting to think it may just be easier to stay with a manual steering box. Please help…

Different number for return line might be because of the length. It doesn't need to be a high pressure line. Just oil resistant. Can't remember about the pitman arm.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks