Lower Forty

Lower Forty

LongHorn

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83'CJ-8 Scrambler Slightly Modified;),48'CJ2A, 54'CJ3B 67'Jeep M-725, 88'YJeep Wrangler Slightly Modified;)
Wow I'm not really a JK guy, but whata concept! Look's like it would be a great daily driver. To bad though, I doubt if "Fix It Again Tony" has the nads to put a product like that on the road. It would have to be electric. I hope that was not to politically incorrect.;)

This thing? I'm not to sure that I like it... But that's just me.

web03-lower40.jpg

After having to fix my wifes 08 Rubicon's back axle 3 times, what a joke of an axle, I winder how long till he bends a shaft with those tires.
Trends come and go in Jeeps, seems the max flex trend is dyeing and it is going over to a huge tires with minimal lift trend. I see a lot of the magazines are writing about that. Could be a recession thing also. But anyway magazines need to sell subscriptions so they hype up the latest trend and thousands flock to the koolaid and drink it.
I was on one of my favorite modern jeep sites last night and some guy, who admitted to being brand new to jeeps was talking about how he needed to build a GM 14 rear axle so he would not break his. Man o man I thought you will need 37s just to clear a speed bump with that axle. But he is convinced because a magazine printed a few articles about the gm 14 inch and he has to have one.
A fool and his money

Hmm Sounds like a young man I talked to recently...

After having to fix my wifes 08 Rubicon's back axle 3 times, what a joke of an axle, I winder how long till he bends a shaft with those tires.
Trends come and go in Jeeps, seems the max flex trend is dyeing and it is going over to a huge tires with minimal lift trend. I see a lot of the magazines are writing about that. Could be a recession thing also. But anyway magazines need to sell subscriptions so they hype up the latest trend and thousands flock to the koolaid and drink it.
I was on one of my favorite modern jeep sites last night and some guy, who admitted to being brand new to jeeps was talking about how he needed to build a GM 14 rear axle so he would not break his. Man o man I thought you will need 37s just to clear a speed bump with that axle. But he is convinced because a magazine printed a few articles about the gm 14 inch and he has to have one.
A fool and his money

Blame it on the consumer society. If they don't change the style, you don't buy new :dung:. ;)

Hmm Sounds like a young man I talked to recently...
Hell, I have 1ton drivetrain on every thing I drive anyway. I just got sick & tired of having to replace parts after every run. I like to be able to drive to & from, unlike all my trailer queen buddies.:driving:

Saw this at the auto show tonight. I like the Hemi V8 390 HP.

Attachments

• Lower 48 Hemi Jeep.jpg
    Lower 48 Hemi Jeep.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 2,308
  • Lower 48.jpg
    Lower 48.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,293
  • 5.7 390 HP.jpg
    5.7 390 HP.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 548
  • Hemi Jeep.jpg
    Hemi Jeep.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 347
  • Dragon Jeep.jpg
    Dragon Jeep.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,241
Yea, at least it's got some horsepower.
What's with the 3.8L that comes in all newer Wranglers?
An SRT8 package would be fun.

Too bad it will NOT be a production vehicle:(:(:(:(:(:(

I would sell my wifes wrangler and trade my Tacoma in for one.

Man have you been in the garden shed? Did you find a shovel to dig all these old threads up :D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks