Transfer case
TCase Looking for an individual or shop in Florida

83scramblr

Jeeper
Donator
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 CJ8, 5.3 LS,4L60E,D300,D30, D44
I'm looking for an individual or shop near Orlando where I can get someone to address the fluid leaks I'm getting mainly between the dana 300 transfer case and my 4l60e automatic transmission. I had the transmission rebuilt by a highly recommended shop in 2020. Since then there has been a leak. They looked at it several times before washing their hands of it. Took it to another shop in Melbourne that replaced the tcase seal. Slowed the leak for a bit but now it's back and leaking more than before. Thank you in advance for any recommendations. 20230418_191700.jpg

:welcome:
I'm in west Orlando, nice to have you here. What adaptor are you using between the trans and transfer case? Are you leaking ATF or gear oil?

Love the rings around the headlights and blinkers. Haven't seen those before.

:welcome:
I'm in west Orlando, nice to have you here. What adaptor are you using between the trans and transfer case? Are you leaking ATF or gear oil?
Thank you for the quick reply. It's leaking ATF. I believe it's an advanced adapter. Do you know where I might take it to get worked on? Looking for someone with experience with this configuration.

Thank you for the quick reply. It's leaking ATF. I believe it's an advanced adapter. Do you know where I might take it to get worked on? Looking for someone with experience with this configuration.
Being its ATF it's definitely coming from the trans. Is the leak from the seam from where the adaptor meets the trans or where the adaptor meets the d300 or some where else?
Since its from the trans the only way the ATF can leak is from the seal on the D300. It is a special dual lip seal. If a single lip seal was put in by mistake, it will leak. Also if the front D300 bearing is bad or the input shaft has a grove it can leak. There are no mods done to the trans when using the adaptor.
If its not from the tail shaft, where does it look like the leak is?
Just about any transmission shop should be able to do this repair, but what exactly has been done so far?

I talked with some trusted resources I know here (in Orlando) and have two recommendations for transmission work. They are between 35 and 55 minutes from Orlando. I'll get you the information.

I talked with some trusted resources I know here (in Orlando) and have two recommendations for transmission work. They are between 35 and 55 minutes from Orlando. I'll get you the information.
Should i look for them here or will you text me? Thank you

Attachments

• 20230827_185044.jpg
    20230827_185044.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 3

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks