Jellico Tn. clean-up

Jellico Tn. clean-up

Old Dog

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7 350 tbi, TH350, D300 twin sticked & clocked, narrowed Chief D44 Eaton Elocker & Moser shafts, Explorer 8.8 Detroit locker, 410's, RE 4.5" spring lift 1" body lift, 35" Claws, cage tied to frame, Corbeau baja seats, HD tie rod and draglink, u-bolts flipped, custom skid plate and sliders, Warn 9.5ti winch with Amsteel synthetic line
Our club has had a cleanup day planed with the jellico E officer for a couple months. So even though they were calling for rain, some of us made the four hour drive down. We go to put in about 3 hours work and winched a lot of tires out of the "dump" along side the road before it started to downpore.
We are going down the end of the month for some trail riding, I hope it's not raining than.
This is some pic's from about 1 hours work.

Attachments

• IMG_1692_850x638.jpg
    IMG_1692_850x638.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1693_850x638.jpg
    IMG_1693_850x638.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1694_850x638.jpg
    IMG_1694_850x638.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1695_850x638.jpg
    IMG_1695_850x638.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1696_850x638.jpg
    IMG_1696_850x638.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 93
Good Job! I am always glad to see people helping were they can.....Looks like it is an illegal dump site......

Great job. It would be nice if you could take some of the SN's off the tire cases and track down the owners. Maybe send a letter.

Keep up the good work. If everybody brought out one piece of trash each trip, soon the place would be clean. Possibly post a sign "Pick It Up, Don't Throw It Out"

Great job. It would be nice if you could take some of the SN's off the tire cases and track down the owners.

Interesting idea I did not know they kept track of that. I've never had a tire dealer write down #'s when I bought tires.
The environmental officer we work with down there does go after anyone
he can from any addresses or names on pill bottles or mail we fine.

I just can't understand while people throw this stuff out, when you can have it recycled so easily.

I gave you a "thanks" for your hardwork Old Dog. People wonder why the availability of places to legally off-road is dwindling. It's because of :dung: like that, when people just dump stuff out in the woods. Thank you.

They have some great trails in that area (all private land):) so our club does all it can to stay in good with the locals. We take trash bags when we ride there also. So far so good we still have permision to ride, with some new areas to check out, thanks to the officer we've been working with for the past few years. He's a jeeper when he's off duty so that helps alot.

I gave you a "thanks" for your hardwork Old Dog. People wonder why the availability of places to legally off-road is dwindling. It's because of :dung: like that, when people just dump stuff out in the woods. Thank you.

More than likely the one who are dumping this trash are not off-roaders.

More than likely the one who are dumping this trash are not off-roaders.
You are right, landfills charge 3 to 10 dollars to discard old tires. Some Tire Stores pay someone to recycle or just get rid of used tires and this is what you get. Thank You Old Dog and your helpers.:chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks