Clutch Issue w clutch on my new 360

Clutch Issue w clutch on my new 360

Markcj79

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 , 304, T18 tranny
So I got my new amc 360 with upgraded cam installed. Runs like a champ. Only issue im having is after driving for awhile and it gets hot if doesn’t want to go into 1st or reverse. I put the 10.5 clutch from my old 304 back on the 360. Do I need the bigger 11in clutch.? Running a T18 tranny which I also need advice on what 5 speed to swap too.

That sounds more like a transmission problem not a clutch problem. How is the fluid in the transmission?

As far as 5spds go I like the ax15 found in most YJs and TJs up to like 04 there's a few in XJs as well but not as common. Also advance adapters makes a kit for those transmissions.

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

So I got my new amc 360 with upgraded cam installed. Runs like a champ. Only issue im having is after driving for awhile and it gets hot if doesn’t want to go into 1st or reverse. I put the 10.5 clutch from my old 304 back on the 360. Do I need the bigger 11in clutch.? Running a T18 tranny which I also need advice on what 5 speed to swap too.
How much flywheel / disk / pressure plate clearence do you have when the pedal is depressed? It's not dragging when hot, is it?

How much flywheel / disk / pressure plate clearence do you have when the pedal is depressed? It's not dragging when hot, is it?
I wonder even if it was dragging he said 1st and reverse nothing about the other gears. If it's a heat issue while dragging shouldn't cause all gears to act up not just those?

I wonder even if it was dragging he said 1st and reverse nothing about the other gears. If it's a heat issue while dragging shouldn't cause all gears to act up not just those?

I would think so but my thoughts are that the vehicle momentum helps the shifting once you are moving. From a stand still not at all...

I would think so but my thoughts are that the vehicle momentum helps the shifting once you are moving. From a stand still not at all...
I'd like to see what the fluid looks like and if there's anything in it. I know the brass synchros hate the new fluid's

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
I didn’t change tranny fluid when I swapped motors and it was shifting fine before the motor swap. Fluid level is fine doesnt seem old or burned. I adjusted the shift linkage to give me a couple inches of play before it engages when we put it all back together. Since I have the granny gear I always start off in 2nd. So do you think I need to change the tranny oil? If so what do I need to put in?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom