Hood caulk?

Hood caulk?

danc9

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ 6, 258 I6, T-14, Dana 20, Dana 30, Dana 44
I need to know what was used to seal the forward and rear cross member supports on the hood. It looks like some kind of caulk, sealant?????

Thanks, DAN

3_05project_lemon_pie_part_1jeep_cj_5_with_hood_up.png

I must ask this: why do you need to know? I would guess you want to take this apart? I would say don't. but Eastwood will have some kind of panel adhesive to replace it with. I understand they used that to avoid the distortion in the hood that would be caused by spot welds.

Please find/make a hood brace to hold that hood open. the thought of the crease you are getting in the hood and the strain on the hinges is making chills run up and down my spine.:eek:

Thanks IO, that is from an image I found on line. NO, I don't put the hood up like that, old enough now to respect things that can "ring my bell!" I'm not taking it apart, all the material there is broke loose and I want to replace it.

DAN

Most auto body supplier have body panel adhesive. Mine came loose and rattled. Glued it up and solid now.

sooo, propping my hood open with my windshield frame is a bad idea?

I believe IO was refering to the picture of the hood open and laying against the tub with no winsheild frame mounted.

I have put mine up against the windshield since I bought it in 2000. Got a nice mark running across the hood from where it contacts windshield. Not a creese but more of a extreme scratch. Currently rebuilding my Jeep, gonna work in a hood prop.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

every thing is all fun and games until a tail wind drops the hood on your body parts. As I get older and less bullet proof I think about these things differently.:DThat is my biggest concern. yea I have a crease too, you know just every now and then you don't want to jack with the rod.

mostly it was the shot of the hood bent over the cowl like that that made me cringe.

Napa sell automotive seam sealer.. comes in standard caulking tube.

A guy on a local forum has built a hydraulic prop system for his CJ hood. next time i see him Ill try to get some pics.. Im really interested in doing it to mine.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks