Build Thread Heres some Pics of my jeep WARNING MANY PICTURES

Build Thread Heres some Pics of my jeep WARNING MANY PICTURES
Back wards or forwards shouldn't matter as the springs are concentric around the center line. The front springs look good in the pics you posted as the shackles are angles froward (your original pictures must have been on jacks). The rears look wrong to me. Can you take some other ones a little further away from the CJ, and please resize them so they aren't so darn big! :)

I need the big photos so I can see, eyes are getting bad and I am to damn stuborn to go get glasses LMAO well that and I am not sure how to resize them????

Theres a good downloadable program called fotosizer thats easy to use. Might try to find that and download it. Thats what I use.

Just had a thought, You didn't over tighten your shackels when you put it together did you.

Heres some pictures a little further away, I tried to resize them CJ not sure how I did though

IMG00066-20091021-2009-1.jpg
IMG00065-20091021-2008.jpg

Just had a thought, You didn't over tighten your shackels when you put it together did you.

Over Tighten???? Not sure I hit them with the impact didn't know I could over tighten I thought the little spacers/sleeves that go through the shackles would prevent that? so it is possible I might have, should I back them off some?

You did great on the resizing but very hard to see the shackle geometry... Can you get better shots of the front and the rear?

BTW - Hint - set your camera to take lower resolution pictures and you may not need to resize them,...

Looking good! :)

You did great on the resizing but very hard to see the shackle geometry... Can you get better shots of the front and the rear?

BTW - Hint - set your camera to take lower resolution pictures and you may not need to resize them,...

They all have been taken off my Blackberry, let me grab the digital and see if I can do a little better

Thanks a lot for all your help!!!!! :chug:

They all have been taken off my Blackberry, let me grab the digital and see if I can do a little better

Thanks a lot for all your help!!!!! :chug:
On my CrackBerry I set my camera resolution to 'Small' (640x480) when I take pics for the WEB... :)

I will have to wait until tomorrow to take some better shots they just arn't coming out good with the flash, the jeep is parked between my work van and the wifes car so I can't back up to get a distance shot. I will move things around so I can back up away from it

Over Tighten???? Not sure I hit them with the impact didn't know I could over tighten I thought the little spacers/sleeves that go through the shackles would prevent that? so it is possible I might have, should I back them off some?

If you used new bushings they might have been thicker than the old ones.
Yes you can overtighten them, they need to swing free. with aftermarket shackels (no sleeves ) they should only be tourqued (sp) to around 30-35 ft.lbs

If you used new bushings they might have been thicker than the old ones.
Yes you can overtighten them, they need to swing free. with aftermarket shackels (no sleeves ) they should only be tourqued (sp) to around 30-35 ft.lbs

Thats a good point!!! I did use all new bushings "they came in the kit" I did reuse the sleeves. Tomorrow I will loosen them up, do you think I should do this on jack stands or with the weight of the jeep on the springs?

Thanks for all your help on this :notworthy:

Justin

I would take the weight off the springs, loosen them up, let it back down, and them snug them up with the weight on them.

Make sure the shackels can swing free, and they are not binding up.

I took some better pictures of the shackles today, the rears are hard to get due to the way the tail pipes are ran. CJ I am posting these at the full size as when I scaled them back you really couldn't see the all that well, I will remove them after you have seen them if you would like just wanted to make sure that everyone could get the best view of them.

The fronts are angled slightly forward maybe 5-10 degrees most. The rears are also angled forward "towards the rear axle or the front of the Jeep" I would say they are at roughly 15-20 degree angle.When I pull down on the Jeep to compress the suspension they do move towards the rear, and I was able to do this with minimal pressure.

Can't thank you guys enough for looking into this to ensure that I have a safe and properly working suspension :notworthy::chug:

Front
IMG00068-20091022-1356.jpg

IMG00069-20091022-1356.jpg

Rear

IMG00070-20091022-1357.jpg

IMG00071-20091022-1357.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks