Help with cj radio

leeetris

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 cj5 251 6 cylinder
1997 jeep wrangler tj
1995 jeep wrangler yj
I need to wire a Pioneer radio in a 1980 CJ5, does anyone know the color code for the radio wires

I have a service manual for a 1982 Jeep and it should have the wiring diagram. But I will not be able to look until this evening.

pioneer wiring harnesses are nearly universal, meaning all wire colors go to the same thing on every radio they make, along with most other makes. and most all pioneer wiring harnesses can interchanged between pioneer radios. as for the cj wiring i can't help because mines a hack job. i ran the yello to a constant 12v, and the red to a ign. switch 12v, black goes to ground. blue goes to amp, or power antennae (if you have one), then purple, green, grey, and white, corresponds with different speakers, the black striped one being ground for each speaker and solid color the positive.

you can trace the wires with a simple test light to figure out your power wires, one should be "hot" all of the time, one will only be hot when the ignition is on, and of course black is ground.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks