Havin a hard time with new site.

Havin a hard time with new site.

caveman

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
88 YJ with a CJ nose, 4.7 Stroker, AW4 transmission, Dana 35 HP front Ford 8.8 rear
Seems like all I'm getting for new posts is stuff from "I'm not spam". I enjoy some of the things they post, but it seems to be overwhelming lately. Am I doing something wrong trying to keep up with everybody? Only finding a couple posts from regular members.

Seems like all I'm getting for new posts is stuff from "I'm not spam". I enjoy some of the things they post, but it seems to be overwhelming lately. Am I doing something wrong trying to keep up with everybody? Only finding a couple posts from regular members.
I don't know for sure, but a lot of people before were using Tapatalk so that they could upload pictures, but I'm thinking the new software is not compatible with it so they may not know the forum is up and running With the new software it is now extremely easy to upload pictures without it.

Well, it would have been nice if we had gotten some kind of notice about this change.
Gary

There was some request to test the new software but that was it that I know of

Can't say I'm thrilled with the new site yet. Took me a day to finally figure out how to get in. Kept getting "Oops! We ran into some problems". A little notice before the upgrade would have been nice.
Not sure if anyone else is seeing 2 CJ Forum main pages, complete with dupe topics, but I am.
Also I almost posted to 8 year old thread until I saw the date, so watch the dates closely.

All I'm getting is "oops we ran into some problems".

There was discussion of this upgrade in a thread a few weeks back. CJ posted a link in that thread to this new software for 'beta testing'. Unfortunately, it may be taking a bit to get the kinks ironed out.

Always kinks to be worked out with a new site. I get the oops page every time I come here but I just click on the new posts button and it brings me here.

I also get the double forum stack also.

I keep getting a notice that my PM mailbox is full, but I can’t find the darn thing!
Upper right area there is a envelope looking button Touch it and a drop down comes out Has show all Or Start a new conversation

Upper right area there is a envelope looking button Touch it and a drop down comes out Has show all Or Start a new conversation

My PM box is empty, and I get the same 'almost full' notice 😮
Gary

I am guessing the new forum software is not compatible with Tapatalk? Sucks because I loved being able to search the forums when I was in the garage working on my Jeep.

I don't use T'talk.
G

I don't know for sure, but a lot of people before were using Tapatalk so that they could upload pictures, but I'm thinking the new software is not compatible with it so they may not know the forum is up and running With the new software it is now extremely easy to upload pictures without it.
Mine keep saying file is too big. I preferred Tapatalk for photos. I have no idea how to make my files smaller. 😠

Mine keep saying file is too big. I preferred Tapatalk for photos. I have no idea how to make my files smaller. 😠
From my iPad it has never said file is to big and I make my pictures large. But this time I'm having problems. Something has changed overnight image.jpeg

Always fun when things change! Humans in general hate change. :eek: Be sure to use the second set of listings for the forum. Mot sure why the two sets, but skip the first set and use the second. PM msgs are under the envelope icon in the upper right. Don't just hover over it, click on it. If you have a bunch of msg. then delete some by selecting them and the action - "leave conversation" to delete. Pictures are easy with the picture icon (10th icon from left). Once inserted you can click on it and change the size by moving the corner circle. This however does not change the size of the file. That you need to do on you computer first. Have fun with it and embrace the suck! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
That worked PB on the delete action That comment on change is spot on especially with work First 24 years were great with little change, then the apple cart was upset with change out the wazoo and none for the better for Humans Life goes on though as they say

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks