Misc. Golden Eagle originality question?

Misc. Golden Eagle originality question?

daviditaly

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
cj7 v8
Thank you for the adimssion to this forum. I had years ago one CJ7 Laredo diesel version for italian market. Now i would love to buy a CJ7 v8 Golden Eagle but im not so expert to be sure about the originality. I wonder if there is a way to be sure consulting VIN numbers or other to identify a G E version .

a search of the posts to this forum will give you any number of vin code decoders, That being said, I don't believe, that at anytime, a trim pkg was indicated in the vin number. You would have to find a manufacturers ,package description and match it against the product you are looking at. For example, some packages came with tilt wheel, clock, tach, leather covered grab bar, different wheels, engine sizes,seat styles, ect. Decals could be applied at anytime and often were

If you research what the standard Golden Eagle package came with back in 1977 and later, you will find that they were fairly unique in their additions, Mainly, everything came with a gold hue to it from headlight trim rings to 8 inch spoke wheels and a 304 engine. Other than that, there isn't a code to my knowledge. I had a 77 as a young man and I can tell you that they were noticeably different from all of the rest. No mistaking a real one

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom