Help Fuel gauge

Help Fuel gauge

gmillican

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ5
304 V8
Looking for help finding a Fuel Gauge for my 1977 CJ5. I’ve lost hope in the new, after market OMX ADA gauges after two being bad right out the box.

Looking for an alternative other than mounting a separate fuel gauge under the dash as I’m trying to keep my stock CJ looking stock.

I love my Dakota Digital setup. They have a number of options in terms of what's included and mounting and appearance styles. I chose a set with an integrated tach and original CJ style and mounting to fit the stock dash openings. They use a small control module where you connect all the wiring and then there's an ethernet interface cable that plugs into the back of the gauges. Use the stock fuel sender in your tank, but then comes with the other sensors (water temp, oil pressure, speed sensor). You can program various features, change the speedo yourself for different tire sizes and axle gearing, and adds a clock, resettable trip odometer, and like I said, a tach without hanging one under the dash or clamping to the steering column. All LED lighting, choose either black or white face, and includes all indicators (high beam, brake warning, turn signals, 4WD). Since I have an ECM for my fuel injection, these also have a BIM interface to connect and get OBD data and display messages and codes without a reader.

20190319_174517.jpg New_Gauges.jpg

I love my Dakota Digital setup. They have a number of options in terms of what's included and mounting and appearance styles. I chose a set with an integrated tach and original CJ style and mounting to fit the stock dash openings. They use a small control module where you connect all the wiring and then there's an ethernet interface cable that plugs into the back of the gauges. Use the stock fuel sender in your tank, but then comes with the other sensors (water temp, oil pressure, speed sensor). You can program various features, change the speedo yourself for different tire sizes and axle gearing, and adds a clock, resettable trip odometer, and like I said, a tach without hanging one under the dash or clamping to the steering column. All LED lighting, choose either black or white face, and includes all indicators (high beam, brake warning, turn signals, 4WD). Since I have an ECM for my fuel injection, these also have a BIM interface to connect and get OBD data and display messages and codes without a reader.

View attachment 75619 View attachment 75620
That does look really sharp. I looked thru their website and didn't see any that had a CJ look to them. I'm trying to keep this CJ5 looking as stock as possible. Speedhut has a similar setup and one that looks more CJ. They're running about the same cost also, which I don't have the $ for right now.

I got the VHX-55J setup. They fit the stock openings and to me look mostly stock, except you get a tach in the main cluster as well as the two digital readout "windows" that show various messages (trip odometer, warnings, and BIM data if you opt for it). But in terms of price, you're right. They are a bit high at a little over $800. If you want actual stock, I still have my originals that I removed and the fuel gauge was working just fine. My oil gauge had crapped out and the main cluster was looking quite old with faded numbers/paint and some rust on the chrome outer trim ring. If you're interested, message me and we can arrange to get it to you. No charge, just covering the shipping and you're welcome to it.

I got the VHX-55J setup. They fit the stock openings and to me look mostly stock, except you get a tach in the main cluster as well as the two digital readout "windows" that show various messages (trip odometer, warnings, and BIM data if you opt for it). But in terms of price, you're right. They are a bit high at a little over $800. If you want actual stock, I still have my originals that I removed and the fuel gauge was working just fine. My oil gauge had crapped out and the main cluster was looking quite old with faded numbers/paint and some rust on the chrome outer trim ring. If you're interested, message me and we can arrange to get it to you. No charge, just covering the shipping and you're welcome to it.
That would be awesome! How do I message you? My email is “”.

Edited by CJ - removed email.

I removed your email so you do not get spam. You should PM him by hovering over his name add starting a new private conversation.

start.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks