Fourth Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Report

Fourth Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Report
Friday we went to Eureka Gulch. Posi rode with us again. It was so much fun talking with him these days. He really knows alot about CJ's and we got many new ideas for our build.

We had such a super group for this trip and it was sad to say goodbye. The weather did not always cooperate, but everyone was flexible about where we went and that really added to the joy of this trip. :notworthy:

WP_20140829_005Small_zps13111201.jpg

IMG_0403Small_zps925b7893.jpg

IMG_0405Small_zpsd61b799f.jpg

IMG_0411Small_zpsb498221b.jpg

IMG_0412Small_zpsc506d603.jpg

IMG_0414Small_zpse4acfca5.jpg

IMG_0416Small_zpsbcd47ef2.jpg

Good pic of Curt at the mine entrance

IMG_0417Small_zpsf23424a6.jpg

Pic looking into the mine

IMG_0420Small_zpsd94fa7ce.jpg

Last edited:
I had a couple hours to kill before my flight so I hung out with the engineering students from UNM. They build their own cars and race them in the schools parking lot every Saturday.

IMG_1231_zps9584aaa9.png

Click on the small pic for video

Last edited:
We had driven all to way to North Platte, NE for Friday night. We drove all day Saturday and got home at about 10:15 PM CDT.

Here is a picture of us loaded at Ouray before we left on Friday.

WP_20140829_017Small_zps3d1e3bdf.jpg

We had a blast on this trip. I really think Curt is hooked and we will be working hard to finish our CJ5 build so we can come back to this magical place.

But you don't "have" to have your CJ done to have a great time here even if you only have a stock "other" 4x4 there are plenty of trails to ride.....:chug:

Last edited:
I may not have been posting all the while this report was being made, but I was sitting right behind the wife all the while. Here is my greatest joy (or at least relief) of the entire trip. The only damage to our 2000 blue oval, nearly factory stock Explorer was a flattened tail pipe from going down a rather steep rock outcrop! Hopefully, we will soon be able to show our Explorer our appreciation by retireing it from off roading, and finishing our 59 CJ5.

WP_20140831_001Small_zpsbbc8384a.jpg

Very Nice! Thank you all for all the great photos!

:chug:

Great pics All. Thanks for sharing the trip.

Looks like you had a GREAT time. Great pics, I love reliving a lot of those trails. Brings back good memories!!!

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for some great pics! With that area being so beautiful, I cant imagine not being able to convince Dave and Koda down the road to come out and lead another trail ride ;)

Thanks everyone for some great pics! With that area being so beautiful, I cant imagine not being able to convince Dave and Koda down the road to come out and lead another trail ride ;)

Koda is willing :D He'll talk Dave into it! ;)

He got a %100 increase in participation by making this the last one, I can see a trend here.:D

Thanks for all the great pic's
I really wish I could have made it.

And THAT'S why I could never do BBear. The only luck I have is bad luck so I wouldn't stop at 3 rolls.:eek:

the switch backs were a walk in the park. the incline on the steps combined with an off camber right turn made my butt want to suck seat vinyl.:D

That helps me appreciate that the CJ2a track is about 14 inches narrower than a JK's.

:)
Good Show everyone and great Pictures!

:D:D:D:D

Thanks Dave. Great show and really appreciate all the time it took to post that.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks